• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The AndyW prize

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this works I've tried to depict what goes on behind the scenes of the average domestic computer user when trying to install a new GFX card, seconds before calling PC World Home Support with much gnashing and wailing of brain cells.

Note how the speciality selected tool of choice gracefully glides the NVidia card's PCI connector right into the DVD bay door. A perfect fit. But sadly, much to the chagrin of our anonymous subject in this dramatic piece of modern Spatialism, however hard he rams the card deeper into the PC, Sam and Max are reluctant to make an appearance.

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      I don't think it's appropriate for this thread (or any other for that matter) to degenerate into a would you/wouldn't you thread about a real forum member.
      Who said that's what was happening... I was responding to Mich's claim Gentile was a fat bloke.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I'm calling my entry Once in a lifetime moment but it had a working title of They'll never believe this!

once in a lifetime | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
        I like this a lot too. Toss up between this and the coconut for me.

Comment

My official entry is named 'Do you know the way to San Jose'. It captures the juxtaposition between being lost and being found. One that can be likened to a spiritual journey though life.
          To the left (San Francisco) 'birth' , across the platform (San Jose) 'rebirth'. In between an expansive state, one's 'life'. To arrive at one's journey end; is it an 'end' or beginning 'rebirth'. Is San Francisco (ying)? or Yang? Is San Jose the opposite? Does anyone really know the way to 'San Jose' or is it that they just arrive? And what of the actual journey itself? Mmmmm? Mmmmm?

http://imgur.com/4nCqa
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            My official entry is named 'Do you know the way to San Jose'. It captures the juxtaposition between being lost and being found. One that can be likened to a spiritual journey though life.
            To the left (San Francisco) 'birth' , across the platform (San Jose) 'rebirth'. In between an expansive state, one's 'life'. To arrive at one's journey end; is it an 'end' or beginning 'rebirth'. Is San Francisco (ying)? or Yang? Is San Jose the opposite? Does anyone really know the way to 'San Jose' or is it that they just arrive? And what of the actual journey itself? Mmmmm? Mmmmm?

imgur: the simple image sharer
            How can you go forward when you don't know which way you're facing?

John Lennon - How Lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I'm calling my entry Once in a lifetime moment but it had a working title of They'll never believe this!

once in a lifetime | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
              Nice colour, but would be improved by being speckled and having a coconut background IMO.

Comment

Simply "Cup", symbolizing the administration of moderation in a multicultural diverse community, which includes even members of the female sex. The "Zombie" reflects the death of innovation, while revelling in the hope that it won't stay dead. I had the grapefruit juice.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Entries are now closed.

An impressive range of diverse works from talented artists.

Poll to determine 'people's choice' winner.

Don't vote for your own and remember it's the artwork, not the artist you're voting for.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Simply "Cup", symbolizing the administration of moderation in a multicultural diverse community, which includes even members of the female sex. The "Zombie" reflects the death of innovation, while revelling in the hope that it won't stay dead. I had the grapefruit juice.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      He has an artist's hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X