• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Empty Seats at the London Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    As usual the army have to step in and get paid for watching the Olympics. Poor sods.
    I'm sure they'll love it... forces types and sport are a good match.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I'm sure they'll love it... forces types and sport are a good match.
      Normally they are only in it for the punch ups, though
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

All a bit discouraging for terrorists/spoil sports isn't it. After they've got past security forces installed by most of the first world, the anti aircraft batteries, snipers, video surveillance, bag inspections, security cameras, 4SG or wherever they are called, the bloody spectators are the army too. They might as well sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

Comment

12,000 not used

would of thought they had a 'Standby' system. Even grabbing people in the park and saying 'psst do you want to see some scantily clad females playing volleyball?'
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why not tell people if they're not in their seats 20 minutes before the event starts their seats will be sold to the public outside? Or better still, given away to local schoolkids. OK, so check at 30 mins and 20 mins before so people don't lose their seat while they visit the bog, but the principle's pretty clear.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ive tickets for the swimming at £150 a pop and some for the Athletics at £420 a pop, both are sets are in okish positions but a long way from being good seats. I'll be mightily unimpressed if I can see large sections of empty seats in the good seating area's.

Its understandable that there will be some empty seatsfor the tennis etc, but if this continues for the popular events I think they need to sort something out sharpish.

Comment

There is good news - the tickets have already been paid for by corporates etc.
                Should be a stand-by system like at wimbledon, assess gaps and anyone queueing up can get in, who have been to another sport or just the park. If you allocate 75% of the gap seats that way, still have enough if some of the people arrive later and if it gets full, tough sh1t...

Comment

Originally posted by Barley View Post
                  Ive tickets for the swimming at £150 a pop and some for the Athletics at £420 a pop, both are sets are in okish positions but a long way from being good seats. I'll be mightily unimpressed if I can see large sections of empty seats in the good seating area's.

Its understandable that there will be some empty seatsfor the tennis etc, but if this continues for the popular events I think they need to sort something out sharpish.

Are those official prices or did you pay that through a tout?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Are those official prices or did you pay that through a tout?
                    Those are official prices via London 2012 website, £150 are for Cat B (swimming), row 45, section 420. £420 are Cat A (athletics), Row 15 cant remember the section but on the 300m bend. Both sets are for Finals tickets and good sessions.

I guess I paid because I love sport and wanted to go to the Olympics, I nievely thoughts id get better seats that I did for the money. Ive read of people who are dissapointed with Athletics Cat AA £750 seats.

Like I said a long way from good seats, I dont think any of the good seats went up for sale, i.e. athletics main strainght is probably all VIP, Media, LOCOG, Sponsors etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Barley View Post
                      Those are official prices via London 2012 website, £150 are for Cat B (swimming), row 45, section 420. £420 are Cat A (athletics), Row 15 cant remember the section but on the 300m bend. Both sets are for Finals tickets and good sessions.

I guess I paid because I love sport and wanted to go to the Olympics, I nievely thoughts id get better seats that I did for the money. Ive read of people who are dissapointed with Athletics Cat AA £750 seats.

Like I said a long way from good seats, I dont think any of the good seats went up for sale, i.e. athletics main strainght is probably all VIP, Media, LOCOG, Sponsors etc.
                      Pretty appalling given the state of athletics in Europe right now. The whole thing should be about selling tickets to real fans who support their local clubs and young sportspeople who'll be inspired by watching the best in the world. Finding and pleasing sponsors isn't the problem; wherever Usain Bolt goes there'll be corporate hangers on who'll pay top dollar to have their name shown somewhere near him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X