• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Olympic NON Sport Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brillo do they have any events similar to what you're training for... hope you'll be watching the outdoor swimming at least!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Since they were highlighting British exports like Mr. Bean and children's fiction (both of which they did very well IMO) it was a shame there was no Dr. Who... but more relevant would have been a Top Gear reference as the BBC's biggest earner. Should have had the Stig drive an Atom (another British masterpiece) over the Teletubby hill
      Apparently Dr Who was supposed to be in it but was cut out when they cut it short after it overran in the rehearsals.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Brillo do they have any events similar to what you're training for... hope you'll be watching the outdoor swimming at least!
        http://www.london2012.com/triathlon/...triathlon-men/
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The 2012 Olympic 'cauldron' is a too arty farty and ponsy for my liking

I'd prefer a nice big solid granite thing, e.g.

but bigger and the gas pipes would be hidden. Or perhaps to look like a flaming torch of old.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Apparently Dr Who was supposed to be in it but was cut out when they cut it short after it overran in the rehearsals.
            He might still turn up. They should have all the surviving doctors.

Comment

Closest is Olympic distance - 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) swim, 40 kilometres (25 mi) ride, 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) run

Iron man is (2.4 miles (3.9 km) swim, 112 miles (180 km) ride, and a full marathon: 26.2 miles (42.2 km) run)

So its not even a half iron man.

The club I belong to are going to see the triathlon - but I won't be joining them. Partly as I want to train and partly I am unsociable - I prefer to be on my own.

Though I find watching the swimming helpful - the underwater shots are incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                The 2012 Olympic 'cauldron' is a too arty farty and ponsy for my liking

I was expecting a proper cauldron but I have to admit I love what they did from an artistic point of view... it's elegant but not over-done.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X