• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Olympic Sport Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The volunteers have had quite a lot of training, I know someone 'working' in the Olympic village. Hard work too, 8-12 hour shifts IIRC.
    They were brilliant yesterday.. First class.

Comment

I spent the weekend at Boxhill, Surrey, supporting the mens and womens road races, on Sat I was roadside on the hill and had tickets for the Zico Hog roast with a big screen etc. Was fab watching them all come past 8x, GB were pulling the breakaway back and had them to 20 seconds but just couldnt do it all on there own.

On Sunday I was at Donkey Green with the big screen, brilliant organisation and was great to see the RAF doing a splendid job organising stuff, keeping us safe etc. We all got very wet through. The atmosphere was amazing with a couple of thousand sitting in the rain going crazy watching Lizzie clinch the silver

Comment

What happened to Front Crawl... I'm sure as a kid they had that AND Freestyle; did I mis-remember? Freestyle looks like front crawl to me anyway, is it the same thing?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          C'mon Armitstead!

That was a brilliant race by her. Fully deserved a medal. None of that crap about staying in the peloton till the last minute and making a dash for it. Cav should really watch and learn from it.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            That was a brilliant race by her. Fully deserved a medal. None of that crap about staying in the peloton till the last minute and making a dash for it. Cav should really watch and learn from it.
            It was great and I really enjoyed the finish, she was just ' ' that far from gold. Showed the men a thing or two....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              It was great and I really enjoyed the finish, she was just ' ' that far from gold. Showed the men a thing or two....
              It was a bl**dy good job she won a medal as I had to down the A3 round the M25 and in on the M3 to get from Roehampton to Barnes yesterday
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Watching some more sailing. The 49er class is rather amazing, I would hate to sail something so extreme but it's a real showcase for how tech has impacted dinghies. Just hope we get a windy race to see them really flying.

And I see my class (the Laser) has just started too. Memories...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  What happened to Front Crawl... I'm sure as a kid they had that AND Freestyle; did I mis-remember? Freestyle looks like front crawl to me anyway, is it the same thing?
                  IIRC there never was a Front Crawl event, not in my lifetime anyway. Just Freestyle, in which everyone did the front crawl anyway because it was fastest.

Comment

I'm struggling when watching several sports to keep track of the results... the BBC coverage is great but they don't show an on-screen list of results or flick back to one often. So in weightlifting or whatever, you have to remember who did what and it can take a long time.

I can't see a feed of the in-event stats on the BBC site for each event either, am I missing it and if not is this available elsewhere... just a simple "state of play" table is all I am after.

Comment

It's all going wrong for Team GB. Our medal prospects seem to be dropping like flies. Even Ben Ainslie is going backwards down the places, and I thought he was nailed on after three successive golds.

Comment

Working...
                      X