• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Olympic Sport Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet on here - must be female beach volleyball on the box

Comment

Why do they keep playing Benny Hill music?

Comment

Well honour restored in the women's road race, looked terrifying in all that rain.

Was really impressed with the sailing coverage, they have cameras seemingly on every boat (in some classes anyway) as well as a lot of cameras in boats/helicopters. I imagine many sailors who can't be arsed with the Olympics will be loving this - they basically get a whole channel to themselves which is wonderful.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Was at the swimming last night 2 world records and a bronze for Becky.. what an atmosphere! Electric!

Comment

When is the UK going to get its first gold medal?

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
              Was at the swimming last night 2 world records and a bronze for Becky.. what an atmosphere! Electric!
              How can that Chinese woman swim her last length faster than the men did after racing the same distance?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Are they in with a shout for the synchro diving?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Mens gymnastics @ 4.30 today

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    How can that Chinese woman swim her last length faster than the men did after racing the same distance?
                    It was a strange one - hadn't noticed the times until this morning in all fairness as didn't get home until 12.

She is 16 so that might explain the huge jump in her PB time - but beating the men.. she is either a freak of a fine swimmer - I am sure these athletes do come round every so often, i.e. Michael Johnson - Usain Bolt.. or she is on some "supplements"

I would like to believe the former, just don’t like thinking about anything else.

Just as a side point the volunteers at the games are amazing – so upbeat, they really do deserve a mention.

Comment

The volunteers have had quite a lot of training, I know someone 'working' in the Olympic village. Hard work too, 8-12 hour shifts IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X