• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My neighbour is a bellend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I tried, and tried, and tried to be a good neighbour, for the one thing I worry about, is if I am asked what the neighbours are like in a selling situation i.e. are the neighbours any trouble.

If you say they aren't, and subsequently it comes back that they were, they can actually demand, if I remember correctly, that the house sale was void, due to lies told during conveyance. I spoke to a lawyer about this a few years back, was some new rule, so it's actually best to keep them on the good side, in order it doesn't affect the sale.

We're quite desperate to sell our investment properties but can't really whilst they are still there, as we want to build our own house and want the funds released.
    Exactly. He's obviously got his ideas about what's what so that's up to him. Whether they're any trouble is all relative.

If I get into an argument with him then its causing a problem. Can guarantee if I went around to speak to him this would happen.

Wife tried this years ago when the kids thing kicked off and his wife wasnt interested and could only see that her son could do wrong. At the moment, they're choosing to do things because they can (like try to prevent planning permission), and make remarks to other people like the builders when they don't have the guts to come to me directly.

If I ignore him then there's no problem with neighbours as far as I'm concerned. Nothing in law says you can only sell your house if you like your neighbours and are friends with them. Also, IMHO, they're just weird and have nothing better to do, so it'd be strange if you couldn't sell house because neighbours were weird.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      ...However, they seem intent on watching everything I do...
      Well, give them a show.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Its more to do with answering questions truthfully. If you are asked, have you had any disputes with your neighbours, and say you haven't, and you have, I think there are legal implications, that is the crux of what I was told. I think the thing is, whatever you are asked, you have to tell the truth.

Comment

Its more to do with answering questions truthfully. If you are asked, have you had any disputes with your neighbours, and say you haven't, and you have, I think there are legal implications, that is the crux of what I was told. I think the thing is, whatever you are asked, you have to tell the truth.
          Neighbour \ boundary disputes are one of the first, if not the first questions, a buyers solicitor will ask. After several high profile cases where such disputes were not disclosed, the solicitor would be negligent if they didnt.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

She probably fancies you and is keen to make contact - whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Neighbour \ boundary disputes are one of the first, if not the first questions, a buyers solicitor will ask. After several high profile cases where such disputes were not disclosed, the solicitor would be negligent if they didnt.
              Its worse than that, they are entitled to ask if the people played music out loud after 11pm, if the police have been called to a neighbours house, if there has been fighting in the streets, how many car accidents have been within 150m of the house. You now have an obligation to answer these truthfully

Comment

Talk of dickhead neighbours. I was rebuilding a Bungalow. The neighbour, a builder, was convinced he owned the land under his eaves (old wives, or builders tale), to which I showed him in my deeds it was not. Then, I had a professionally installed patio, all around the sides and back of the house. He come and complained that he was worried that the water off it would flow onto his land, and as his DPC was so low (it's about 1.5 foot lower than mine), I offered to put in an ALCO channel to drain the water to a soakaway. He agreed, then the builder laid the alco channel, dug the soakaway and put some gravel in it, and finally got the builder round, to agree it was all fine, showed him the levels of the patio using laser levels, the neighbour agreed, so the builder called me, and I said ok, concrete it all in. By the weekend, he came over, and said he'd changed his mind, and wasn't happy with it. He was told to fook off..
                ACO,
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  ACO,
                  Sounded like ALCO to me, hey ho. Not a builder.

Comment

Seems fair enough. At the moment, I haven't had any disputes, hes just asking weird. Which is why I dont intend to get into an argument with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      She probably fancies you and is keen to make contact - whatever it takes.
                      Eeeewwwww. I'll post a pic maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X