• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My neighbour is a bellend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yeah, I think this is good advice.

With the bonus that they'll feel guilty about being such kn0bs
    Can we expect two new members for CUK then?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      FFS they won't, they will carry on moaning and bitching

strap a pair on and Just make the first move, pop round and ask them if everything is ok and say your sorry for the disturbance during the building work and if they have any problems come and see you and discuss any issue they might have defuse the situation, i promise its better this way
      WSMS+1
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Your neighbours do sound like nobs, but I suppose they'd say the same about you.

As those above, if you want to sort it then re-open communication with them - else you are both as bad as each other.

Comment

Talk of dickhead neighbours. I was rebuilding a Bungalow. The neighbour, a builder, was convinced he owned the land under his eaves (old wives, or builders tale), to which I showed him in my deeds it was not. Then, I had a professionally installed patio, all around the sides and back of the house. He come and complained that he was worried that the water off it would flow onto his land, and as his DPC was so low (it's about 1.5 foot lower than mine), I offered to put in an ALCO channel to drain the water to a soakaway. He agreed, then the builder laid the alco channel, dug the soakaway and put some gravel in it, and finally got the builder round, to agree it was all fine, showed him the levels of the patio using laser levels, the neighbour agreed, so the builder called me, and I said ok, concrete it all in. By the weekend, he came over, and said he'd changed his mind, and wasn't happy with it. He was told to fook off.

During the build, the wife, who appeared, smelled and sounded like she enjoyed a glass or two complained twice:

Once that the builders were creating dust.
          Once that her daughters had walked through mud the builders had washed into the channels in the road, and then walked the mud through the house.

The house is still owned and they're still causing issues. They are, allegedly moving soon, and we cant wait. Having bad neighbours is no funny thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            The neighbour, a builder, was convinced he owned the land under his eaves (old wives, or builders tale), to which I showed him in my deeds it was not. .
            Feck me how close were these properties?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Feck me how close were these properties?
              3 metres.

I didn't have to do it, but thought it would be a neighbourly thing to do. Cost me over a grand on the build too.

I popped in to see the property earlier this year, and he said he didn't think the soakaway was big enough. When I asked why, he just said he didn't. It was built in 2009, hasn't over flowed, or caused issues elsewhere, he's just a knob.

This is in Reigate, so there's a density to the housing. I own the other house, next door to that, and that's only 1 metre away.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                Your neighbours do sound like nobs, but I suppose they'd say the same about you.

As those above, if you want to sort it then re-open communication with them - else you are both as bad as each other.
                To be honest, I dont really care if they never speak to me again. Im not bothered at all. I'll get on with my life and they get on with theirs.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I also have a tw@t of a neighbour. we had a bit of an arguement a couple of years back where he went a bit purple in the face and pointed a lot. I remained calm but told him to "behave himself". He phoned the police and told them I had threatened him with violence

Fuzz came round for a chat, had a chat with him, returned and basically said we believe you, he seems a bit unhinged.

Neighbour was told by them to "behave himself" and mind his own business. We now ignore each other completely. It is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    Talk of dickhead neighbours. I was rebuilding a Bungalow. The neighbour, a builder, was convinced he owned the land under his eaves (old wives, or builders tale), to which I showed him in my deeds it was not. Then, I had a professionally installed patio, all around the sides and back of the house. He come and complained that he was worried that the water off it would flow onto his land, and as his DPC was so low (it's about 1.5 foot lower than mine), I offered to put in an ALCO channel to drain the water to a soakaway. He agreed, then the builder laid the alco channel, dug the soakaway and put some gravel in it, and finally got the builder round, to agree it was all fine, showed him the levels of the patio using laser levels, the neighbour agreed, so the builder called me, and I said ok, concrete it all in. By the weekend, he came over, and said he'd changed his mind, and wasn't happy with it. He was told to fook off.

During the build, the wife, who appeared, smelled and sounded like she enjoyed a glass or two complained twice:

Once that the builders were creating dust.
                    Once that her daughters had walked through mud the builders had washed into the channels in the road, and then walked the mud through the house.

The house is still owned and they're still causing issues. They are, allegedly moving soon, and we cant wait. Having bad neighbours is no funny thing.
                    Changed his mind - tough too late....

Yeh, my neighbours complained about dust the other day too. Except this was on the shared driveway (and it wasn't much).

Next thing they'll be moaning about the rain getting their driveway wet or the leaves falling off my trees onto their property.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      To be honest, I dont really care if they never speak to me again. Im not bothered at all. I'll get on with my life and they get on with theirs.
                      I tried, and tried, and tried to be a good neighbour, for the one thing I worry about, is if I am asked what the neighbours are like in a selling situation i.e. are the neighbours any trouble.

If you say they aren't, and subsequently it comes back that they were, they can actually demand, if I remember correctly, that the house sale was void, due to lies told during conveyance. I spoke to a lawyer about this a few years back, was some new rule, so it's actually best to keep them on the good side, in order it doesn't affect the sale.

We're quite desperate to sell our investment properties but can't really whilst they are still there, as we want to build our own house and want the funds released.

Comment

Working...
                      X