• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heat and Hair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MF and ass being dumb again, who'd have thought.

If you can't think of ways of making data, then I am not telling you lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Off to sunny climes for 6 weeks. I am quite hirsute and was wondering if other people with lots of hair on head, chest and back (but on not the palms like Shaunnyboy and Spod), did anything if spending lots of time in what promises to be 35-40 degree heat?
      The people that live in the middle-east tend to be quite hairy and have an aversion to trimming their hair.

So I would do what they have been doing for thousands of years on the basis that they probably know what they are doing and that is to wear very loose clothing.

Get yourself a burqa.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        The people that live in the middle-east tend to be quite hairy and have an aversion to trimming their hair.

So I would do what they have been doing for thousands of years on the basis that they probably know what they are doing and that is to wear very loose clothing.

Get yourself a burqa.
        Tried that once before, in Australia. Very effective. However, out in the outback towns, the locals take a dim view of men wandering around in what to them looks a bit like a dress...

Comment

Ok then what makes you bob-proof?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well, when you work out how to turn data into information into knowledge and then decisions come back and spout off a little more about how clever you are.

That's why you get a
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Ok then what makes you bob-proof?
              ass, I am not going to tell you, and trust me, whatever balls you put up in an attempt to get me to, will fail. Been in this area since 95 and there are that few people doing it, that if a contract comes into a pimps hands, I will always get a call. I kind of like the way that is, and there's nothing going to get me to tell you, or anyone else. But, Bob proof, I most certainly am. One of my clients tried off shoring some of the work I did for them, and 6 months later, came back to me, and have remained with me, with their tails between their legs.

Somethings, bobs just can't do, and I am leaving it like that.

Comment

ass, I am not going to tell you, and trust me, whatever balls you put up in an attempt to get me to, will fail. Been in this area since 95 and there are that few people doing it, that if a contract comes into a pimps hands, I will always get a call. I kind of like the way that is, and there's nothing going to get me to tell you, or anyone else. But, Bob proof, I most certainly am. One of my clients tried off shoring some of the work I did for them, and 6 months later, came back to me, and have remained with me, with their tails between their legs.

Somethings, bobs just can't do, and I am leaving it like that.
                Sas. I think he's a vet.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Well, when you work out how to turn data into information into knowledge and then decisions come back and spout off a little more about how clever you are.

That's why you get a
                  Well making data or rather generating probabilistic data that represents real data is quite a skill in statistical terms. Perhaps Old Hack has a PhD in stats.
                  I was looking forward to discussing these advanced techniques with him.
                  That would also account for why he's bob-proof - far to intelligent for any Bob, y'see?
                  TBH, I was getting hints of his high IQ in his posts on here.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

That's why you get a
                    Oh dear, once again, that makes no sense at all. Roll about as much as you like MF, it will not work on me son.

I have not once, ever, never, in 20 years of contract, had any bench time. Touch wood, that will continue, outside of me choosing to take some time off. I like this.

Comment

getting back to the OP, you should really book yourself in for a back, sack and crack, underarms and maybe your legs.

Lots of footballers do it - so why not highly successful contractors

Comment

Working...
                      X