• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What tools do you carry in your car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shovel.

Comment

Can't have a spare tyre due to differing wheel sizes front and back and don't have run flats either, just an electric pump and some foamy stuff in the boot. Have the mobile phone and an ADAC card but I do have the SOS button on the roof of the car (next to the sunroof button) which will call out the people for me if I ever need to use it but being as its a hand built German car, I probably never will (I also for some strange reason have an Internet connection so I could e-mail someone as well!)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Can't have a spare tyre due to differing wheel sizes front and back and don't have run flats either, just an electric pump and some foamy stuff in the boot. Have the mobile phone and an ADAC card but I do have the SOS button on the roof of the car (next to the sunroof button) which will call out the people for me if I ever need to use it but being as its a hand built German car, I probably never will (I also for some strange reason have an Internet connection so I could e-mail someone as well!)
        Just like the Z4 then (although I specified internet as one of the options)!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

got a lot of kit in the car

Milan.
          Last edited by milanbenes; 23 July 2012, 14:33.

Comment

Gordon Bennet, 6 pages?

Anyway, looked around and under bonnet and found that the only things I might ever remove that were fitted by anything I had, excluding big stuff like suspension whihc I wouldn't touch, were all fitted by one spanner and a posidrive screwdriver so just kept those and wheel change things plus some general purpose stuff like mole grip, pliers, and torch.

Most nuts need those star shaped screwdriver things which I didn't have anyway. The temporary fan belt was especially useful as the engine doesn't have one, as was the large can of WD42 to deal with wet spark plugs on a diesel.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

9mm in the glove-box.

Comment

nothing.
                I used to carry a lot of stuff, but since I got older, and started churning my car every two years, it hasn't been neccessary.

Interesting the number of people who talk about 'changing a tyre'. I am guessing they mean changing a wheel

I used to carry three spoons to change a tyre on my bike when I was 12

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

senior management.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X