• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manager to developer ratio.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My team? 1 PM, 7 BAs and me the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      70k? I wouldn't get out of bed for that!
      Not even to take a tulip?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        no more than half decent though; must keep testers in work!
        LOL, as a tester that makes me suddenly remember whining about how crap the code is, and how the dev don't understand requirements properly - is actually a good thing. Or I'd be out of a job.
        Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          My team? 1 PM, 7 BAs and me the developer.
          Man, thought I was unlucky!

Me the sole dev, 1 "team lead", useless ex-techie promoted out the way, 1 "architect" who sniffs around the edge of our integration points, 1 BA, 1 PM, the PM's "lead".

Could be worse though!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Me the sole dev, 1 "team lead", useless ex-techie promoted out the way, 1 "architect" who sniffs around the edge of our integration points, 1 BA, 1 PM, the PM's "lead".
            And they are all (with the possible exception of the BA) your bosses, and have the authority to tell you how to do things, and exactly how long it should take you to do them.

And without you they would basically be managing thin air and producing thin air.
            Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

1/0 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
                And they are all (with the possible exception of the BA) your bosses, and have the authority to tell you how to do things, and exactly how long it should take you to do them.

And without you they would basically be managing thin air and producing thin air.
                I wouldn't say bosses, but certainly they all have an opinion. I haven't been forced a certain way with anything from a tech point of view.

Comment

[QUOTE=TestMangler;1579330]That's because, generally, you developers are f***ing hopeless and require your hands held every step of the f***ing way.

So who hired all those f... hopeless developers ?
                  If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                    So who hired all those f... hopeless developers ?
                    But then they wouldn't have a job if the developers weren't f... hopeless.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X