• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving on Bad Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    In short, "not". Read this; it'll be the best fiver you'll ever spend. I read it years ago after hearing how Warren Buffett made it the crux of his dealings with other people in business. It contains all the advice you'll ever need for dealing with people, particularly the difficult ones (who exist everywhere, btw - those you happen to have been dealing with most recently typically aren't special in any way). The Job Centre's full of people that enjoy being 'right' and telling everyone what they think of them more than they enjoy making positive contacts or getting paid. It's up to you whether you want to be one of them, or focus on more enriching (in every respect) pursuits.
    I have not read that book but I bet it advises empathy and listening authentically.

Better off reading "the prince" by Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      I have not read that book but I bet it advises empathy and listening authentically.
      I bet empathy and listening authentically has got f'all to do with it

It's more to do with both parties using proper communication to ensure they both profit from working together. Rather than one party feeling "hard done by"

If you're having to make an effort to "listen authentically" then you're wasting your time and theirs which could be better spent discussing something your both interested in.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Better off reading "the prince" by Machiavelli
        I prefer the updated version The 48 Laws of Power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Nice, I'll have to read that.

Every contract is a war.

Comment

Nice, I'll have to read that.

Every contract is a war.
            Pure evil - something Satan himself would struggle to come up with.

Comment

Again? Seriously?

Comment

Excellent read. Even if you don't practice this stuff , good to be conscious of what is happening around you.

Comment

Looks like it's gonna kick off here tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Pure evil - something Satan himself would struggle to come up with.
                    Have you read the book?
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Have you read the book?
                      These are the laws of large groups of people.

Comment

Working...
                      X