• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Im feeling broody.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Greyhounds are the most boring unresponsive dog ever - They're either comatose, or chasing and savaging every other dog, cat, rabbit, in the neighbourhood, and causing you huge vets bills. You also have to walk them about 10 miles a day.
    They are wonderful dogs >> Adopt a Greyhound

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      awwww. pic?
      Airdale1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is one of the litter. They all look the same to me Mrs P has the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Airdale1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is one of the litter. They all look the same to me Mrs P has the details.
        Awww, excellent. Dead envious.

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
        They are wonderful dogs >> Adopt a Greyhound

Im not sure id adopt an old dog. Would want a puppy so it can bond with you from the word go, I also like big dogs and you have to be able to trust them which I think is easier when you have had them since puppy.
        Last edited by escapeUK; 5 July 2012, 09:58.

Comment

Im not sure id adopt an old dog. Would want a puppy so it can bond with you from the word go, I also like big dogs and you have to be able to trust them which I think is easier when you have had them since puppy.
          I'd always get an adult dog myself. Puppies are cute, but grown dogs need love too, and will respond to kindness just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            I'd always get an adult dog myself. Puppies are cute, but grown dogs need love too, and will respond to kindness just the same.
            Do you tend to go for bitches rather than dogs? Id be worried about a german shepherd thinking he was top dog rather than me if I hadnt brought him up.

Comment

Do you tend to go for bitches rather than dogs? Id be worried about a german shepherd thinking he was top dog rather than me if I hadnt brought him up.
              I've never had a dog, so I've not gone for either. I guess that's the difference in psychology between dog owners and cat owners, though; it wouldn't even cross my mind to try and dominate a pet. For me it's a mismatch of concepts to even think about social politics in relation to a cat or a dog; for me they're simply a pet, not a peer.

Comment

I do like dogs, but I don't think it would be fair of me to get one. Unlike cats, dogs need to be walked and get unhappy if you leave them at home during the day. As long as cats have someone to ignore each evening, they're perfectly happy. I'd consider getting a pooch later in life, when I've more time to look after it properly.
                Our 2yo 'rescue' cat follows us around the house. Probably because she's still nervous after her ordeal with some low-life scum.

one day at a time

Comment

I've never had a dog, so I've not gone for either. I guess that's the difference in psychology between dog owners and cat owners, though; it wouldn't even cross my mind to try and dominate a pet. For me it's a mismatch of concepts to even think about social politics in relation to a cat or a dog; for me they're simply a pet, not a peer.
                  I guess thats the difference between people who know what they are talking about having done it, and those who just talk for something to say. I wouldnt tell you what I think about owning cats as my opinion would be equally worthless.

Comment

I wouldn't be without my shepherd for anything. Very good with my two young children too.

Comment

Domestic Dogs = Eating, Barking, whining leg humping peeing, defecating machines that should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Domestic Cats = Murderous, untrustworthy, peeing, defecating wildlife devestating machines that should be wiped from the face of the earth.

People who own the above really need to learn to associate with others or have a child rather than waste their attentions and money on the above sad substitutes for human affection.

and the no-necked tatoo'd feckwits who own vicious rottweilers, dobermanns, pit bulls etc. as status symbols should also be wiped from the face of the earth.

Nuff said

I hope the above doesn't upset anyone
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X