• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Independence Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    It's just interesting, on a few levels, that an Englishman would celebrate American Independence day, or an American would need a visa to work in the States...
    And? Is this razor sharp logic going anywhere?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

An Englishman would celebrate American Independence day - Cretin

American would need a visa to work in the States - Stupid.

American, who gave up his citizenship to work elsewhere, then wanted to work in America - Cretin and Stupid.

Argh, I see where you are going with this.
      Last edited by Old Hack; 4 July 2012, 08:04. Reason: Brillopads note

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        It's just interesting, on a few levels, that an Englishman would celebrate American Independence day, or an American would need a visa to work in the States...
        Maybe an American was working abroad so revoked citizenship to pass less tax then wanted to work in the states?

Comment

The day we lost America.... just imagine if we could still tax them, there would be no need for the government cuts
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

We're going to eat pizza and watch Independence Day.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm going to visit the Bletchley Park enigma-cracking site in West Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I'm going to visit the Bletchley Park enigma-cracking site in West Virginia.
                Ah that's probably where they cracked the German code first, using the enigma machine they captured from a u-boat in a film.

Comment

I'm going to declare war on my underwear as after the curry last night I found weapons of mass destruction lurking there.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Closure of government departments should normally be celebrated. however as mentioned above the closure of our US tax offices was probably a mistake.

The yanks seem to get quite excited about becoming tax evaders.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Ah that's probably where they cracked the German code first, using the enigma machine they captured from a u-boat in a film.
                      It's an interesting point though - we get taught history and then see the Yanks apparently taking credit for our actions.

What makes you think the history we're taught at school, and makes up part of our culture, is any less biased than what they are exposed to?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X