• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Higgs Boson announcement today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was wrong with the old Proton-Neutron-Electron-Photon model? It was simple and it worked for me.

I reckon these physicists are making it all up. I've detected a Gravy Train particle running round a 17 mile track...

Comment

Just a reminder, pjclarke's predictions for 2012

1. LHC will find conclusive evidence of the existence of the Higgs Boson with a mass-energy of around 125 GeV, thus pretty much confirming the Standard Model.

2. The faster-than-light CERN neutrinos will turn out to be an artifact of experimental error or data handling. Causality will survive.

3. Towards the second half of the year, there will one or more 'warmest on record' months, globally, and the global mean temperature for the year as a whole will set a new warm record.
      I think we may now have to have to wait until 2013 for our record-breaking warm year, however 2 out of 3 will do me, 'tis only July after all.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1452434
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Just a reminder, pjclarke's predictions for 2012
        Good going. What are saturday's lottery numbers?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
        X