• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your greatest weakness?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interviewer who asks negative questions is a poor interviewer, because they are giving a bad first impression of the company.

A really good candidate will have options, and may decide to avoid the company altogether... leaving the company blessed with people who can talk until dusk about their weaknesses and so forth.
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Have been asked this a number of times, always seems to be by a young HR lackey who is sitting in on the interview. I normally cringe inside and give the generic; I [am a perfectionist]/[take my work home with me]/[am too nice] etc etc. One time I answered "I struggle getting out of bed in the mornings, am a nighttime person and am no good at early morning starts". The HR lass never missed a beat, just nodded seriously and noted it down.

I peaked a bit early there, normally wait at least a week into a contract before starting to roll in at 10.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        <binoculars on>

No still can't see it

</binoculars on>
        Fair enough. At least you tried.
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
          Fair enough. At least you tried.
          And she's kept her binoculars on just in case.

Comment

My greatest weakness has to be the fairer sex.
            My life at present would fill up a week long special on Jeremy Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
              My greatest weakness has to be the fairer sex.
              My life at present would fill up a week long special on Jeremy Kyle.
              Do tell. The combined effort of the rest of CUK would fill up at most 2 seconds of the researcher's time prior to him rejecting us.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X