• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

market reaction to greek result

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Isn't more appropriate to look at the Greek stock market?

FTSE/ATHEX 20 Kurs - Realtime - Chart - News - Indizes - OnVista

The FTSE is a reflection of what is happening in the UK.
    There really is no limit to your cretinism eh?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

only if your a muppet investing in a market which has lost > 90% of its value

italy and spain are firmly in the red and are much more significant markets

Comment

He who dares
        ...and incidentally I'm already up

Preusmably you wait until everyone is optimistic and you take advice from your hairdresser.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 18 June 2012, 09:08.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You've got to blame Angela Merkel.
          A leader she is not - if she wants to keep the Euro she should communicate its importance to the German voter and persuade them that it's in their interest to keep subbing the weaker nations.
          If she doesn't believe that, its time to form a breakaway pact of the stronger nations and let the weaker ones exit and find their own level.
          Instead she's drifting along complacently hoping for the best.
          Greece is bust, the Spanish baks are bust - that isn't going to magically change.
          History will judge her harshly when this all go belly up.
          FTFY as the conclusion is as inevitable as night follows day.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A leader she is not - if she wants to keep the Euro she should communicate its importance to the German voter and persuade them that it's in their interest to keep subbing the weaker nations.
            If she doesn't believe that, its time to form a breakaway pact of the stronger nations and let the weaker ones exit and find their own level.
            Instead she's drifting along complacently hoping for the best.
            Greece is bust, the Spanish baks are bust - that isn't going to magically change.
            History will judge her harshly should this all go belly up.
            I used to be an admirer of Mrs Merkel; she's impressively intelligent and I like her stubbornness, reminds me a little of another very intelligent scientifically trained female leader, and I'm sure you can guess her name. But there comes a point where you have to recognise that the policy isn't working and it's time to change tack. I'd be quite happy for northern Europe to set up a Neuro or a sort of Hanseatic euro, and accept the costs of helping southern Europe to recover and taking the hit on the unpaid loans, but it has to be part of an approach which offers some perspective of getting the economy(ies) back on track; at the moment I see absolutely no direction or strategy, and that can't be a good thing.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Love all the armchair politicians, who probably some of whom are barley employable in low-medium skilled role never mind running a country. The only thing that would be changing if one of you lot were in charge would be your underwear.

Comment

I'm not so sure. She inherited that crock of tulip called the common currency.

There is really no way out for her. Upset your own people by subsidising other nations forever, or upset other nations forever by leaving them to it.

Fiscal and political union will go down like a lead balloon among the eurozone populace, the alternative of breaking up the euro will cause turmoil.

Whatever she does her future looks pretty hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  Love all the armchair politicians, who probably some of whom are barley employable in low-medium skilled role never mind running a country. The only thing that would be changing if one of you lot were in charge would be your underwear.
                  ' A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.'

Think about it.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    The only thing that would be changing if one of you lot were in charge would be your underwear.
                    Which is going one better than you, stinky.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Isn't more appropriate to look at the Greek stock market?

The FTSE is a reflection of what is happening in the UK.
                      Is that really the narrow prism through which you see this?
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X