• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you have discover that nobody else seems aware of

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    2) If nothing is coming the other way and a temporary traffic light has a small box on top, flash your lights to change it.
    If nothing is coming the other way at a temporary set of lights, I don't bother stopping

Comment

That's an "urban legend".
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Didn't Jeremy Clarkson say that his cameraman said there was a 5th way?
        commando on the last day
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

[QUOTE=EternalOptimist;1555719]

Sometimes, getting a lid off can be impossible, even if you are the strongest person on the planet.

QUOTE]

Or wait until somebody much stronger from another planet comes round as does it for you.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            But Marmite jar lids can be a problem, even with the hot water treatment. The trick there is not to let marmite build up on the jar's thread, or in the top, in the first place.
            Noooo Marmite jars are sealed units to prevent any of the grim contents from ever escaping.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              When eating a fried egg sandwich place an extra slice of buttered bread on the plate. This will catch the escaping yolk from the sandwich and leave you with an extra sandwich afterwards.
              I have discovered that if I ever find myself on a contract with DaveB, to never, ever under any circumstances agree to pop along to the canteen to have breakfast with him.

Comment

I have also discovered that if you don't know whether your remote control is working or not, you can check by pointing your mobile phone's camera at it, looking at the end of the controller through it, and pressing a few buttons. If the controller is working, there's be a visible light coming from the LED as you press the buttons: your camera detects the UV light being emitted by the controller and turns it into visible light.

I've additionally learned that 99/100 blokes will try this surprising phenomenon out immediately after hearing about it, and be surprised that it actually works.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  I have discovered that if I ever find myself on a contract with DaveB, to never, ever under any circumstances agree to pop along to the canteen to have breakfast with him.
                  If you can eat a fried egg sandwich without losing any of the yolk in the process then good luck to you. They are known as egg banjo's for a reason...

If, however, you are one of those types who look down on the humble fired egg sandwich as a thing to be derided and avoided then all I have to say is

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                    I have also discovered that if you don't know whether your remote control is working or not, you can check by pointing your mobile phone's camera at it, looking at the end of the controller through it, and pressing a few buttons. If the controller is working, there's be a visible light coming from the LED as you press the buttons: your camera detects the UV light being emitted by the controller and turns it into visible light.

I've additionally learned that 99/100 blokes will try this surprising phenomenon out immediately after hearing about it, and be surprised that it actually works.
                    He's right.

Welcome to General.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                      He's right.

Welcome to General.
                      Fanks. I'm a she, though.

<---- Me

Comment

Working...
                      X