• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thought I'd better show my face....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    It makes a difference in your house has one and the one next door does not. It's all about getting the scrote to pick the easiest option by making sure your house looks a tougher nut to crack than others on your street.

I'm thinking of getting cameras on mine also

CnM Secure 8 Channel 500GB DVR CCTV with 2 Bullet + 2 Dome Cameras - SK-8CH-2I2D-5-C - Scan.co.uk
    Highly disappointed, when I read dome and bullet I was hoping for something made by OCP
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      It makes a difference in your house has one and the one next door does not. It's all about getting the scrote to pick the easiest option by making sure your house looks a tougher nut to crack than others on your street.

I'm thinking of getting cameras on mine also

CnM Secure 8 Channel 500GB DVR CCTV with 2 Bullet + 2 Dome Cameras - SK-8CH-2I2D-5-C - Scan.co.uk
      Trying to decide whether to go for POE (Power over Internet) or just a standalone system wired. Also had 700TVL recommended for clarity.

Was tempted to get totally wireless, but couldn't be @rsed with battery changing and all that malarky.

My advisor is coming around soon to go through all the options for quality v VFM, IP v Normal wired etc...
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Trying to decide whether to go for POE (Power over Ethernet) or just a standalone system wired. Also had 700TVL recommended for clarity.

Was tempted to get totally wireless, but couldn't be @rsed with battery changing and all that malarky.

My advisor is coming around soon to go through all the options for quality v VFM, IP v Normal wired etc...
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Trying to decide whether to go for POE (Power over Internet) or just a standalone system wired. Also had 700TVL recommended for clarity.

On scan they also have these little wireless units that send the feed to a little box and write to a SD card. I don't know how good they are, but it means that if somebody did break in they wouldn't just break your CCTV system so that you couldn't get any pictures off it. You could hide these little units anywhere (within reason obviously)
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            The Brillo approach has stopped the local scrots from hitting the local area. They know someone has dodgy mates just not sure who so give the street a very wide berth.
            Dont talk about Diver and Spod like that. But on second thoughts.....

This post should make breakfast with Diver on Thursday next week quite fun!

Comment

TBH you will probably find fitting the dummys will be as much use as an all singing dancing unit. All the cctc will show is the hooded yobs doing the place over AFTER the event. Stopping them trying at all is the first priority and just having them an the wall will suffice there IMO.

I would be interested if someone could come up with stats to show that system upwards of £1K prevents more incidents than a set of dummys on the wall.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Could anyone point point to noob instructions for this kind of thing please?

I only have a webcam on my laptop, I have no idea about software/hardware specs for this kind of thing...

Would it be similar to K2P2's Tit Watch?
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Could anyone point point to noob instructions for this kind of thing please?

I only have a webcam on my laptop, I have no idea about software/hardware specs for this kind of thing...

Would it be similar to K2P2's Tit Watch?
                  This is the sort of thing I am looking at, although will be discussing with my electrician when he comes around.

4 Camera CCTV kit
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                  X