• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problem with security guard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    The only migrants we should take in should be high earners, £50k+ I reckon. Anything less than average wage (£35k) may raise the GDP but not GDP per capita, which is what matters. Over-population has a negative impact on housing, road congestion, food supply, energy + water supplies etc etc and on our quality of life that demands compensation well above that.
    People doing PhD research earn a lot less than that but may do something of tremendous economic or social value.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      People doing PhD research earn a lot less than that but may do something of tremendous economic or social value.
      WHS+1

Universities are struggling with overseas student numbers because of recent visa changes. They will only go to Canada or somewhere else and pay good money. They want to come here as we have some of the best universities in the world. I’m all for them coming here. The vast majority will be genuine, just need strict controls to weed out the ones who start messing around and if they clearly aren’t studying, send them packing.
      one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        But often they bought their degree and their dissertation in the arrivals lounge at Heathrow from some dodgy geezer called Abdul in a robe from Essex College of Somethingorother - allegedly. If you tell Vince Cable, he won't believe you but he will tell you how good it is for our economy.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          But often they bought their degree and their dissertation in the arrivals lounge at Heathrow from some dodgy geezer called Abdul in a robe from Essex College of Somethingorother - allegedly. If you tell Vince Cable, he won't believe you but he will tell you how good it is for our economy.
          Well I've met Abdul as I was inquiring about a MSc and he's a solid chap, very helpful and pleasant to do business with. I'd vouch for him.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Have a gang of Poles renovating main property and rental at the moment. High quality and perfectionist. Nothing too much bother.
            Wouldn't have a dodgy, bodging, Brit, ever.
            Wouldn't go near them with a barge pole. Had several issues with Eastern builders and no longer use them. Once asked a team of renderers to chip off old platers and re render. Told a neighbour to keep an eye on them, all they did was chips a few holes here and there, polybond it and start plastering.

Didn't pay the feckers and got soemone else in, who took their time and did a proper job.

And don't start me on their understanding of Building standards

Comment

Working...
            X