• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Rant] Sky broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Are you happy to accept mediocrity in other areas of your life?
    You live in Luton don't you?

Comment

Only if you stop talking like a c***
      No can do!

Sorry eek, yer on yer own
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        You live in Luton don't you?

Now way back from that. I'm a broken man. Hope you're proud of yourself
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I wanted Sky - but checked out the speeds before I signed the deal - had to settle for Virgin - no sky atlantic but superb telephone and internet package.

Comment

Get BT Openreach round. My connection became useless at times so I finally agreed to meeting the callout charge if they could deem it my fault. He put on a new wall socket and rewired a few bits which resulted in no conection/600k max to 2.5 Mbps.

Comment

Sky is tulip - got it as part of package only give 6 Mbits despite being next to exchange - used to live few streets away (good 500 meters) and had 16 Mbits from Be...

Comment

Currently getting 1.1Mb on their "Up to 20Mb" service
                Hence why it's called "upto". The first 1 Mb is real, the next 19 Mb are marketing.

Apparently it's my fault for living too far from the telephone exchange (I have a second tier post code so about a mile from the town hall ffs). The length of copper the signal has to travel through yada yada yada. [Snipped rest of rant.]
                Hello? Welcome to the last 10 years of broadband. Are you new to computers, then?

If it's any consolation, I'm on BT Infinity "upto 80Mb", but only getting 35Mb actual. Still, that's enough to get Pissed Kirk on iPlayer.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

I live in the sticks and am paying for a 2Mb line cos thats all the ISP will let me order. Currently getting 5.5Mb download speeds

Ok, not exactly smokin' fast by cable standards but not a bad deal non the less
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Currently getting 1.1Mb on their "Up to 20Mb" service

Apparently it's my fault for living too far from the telephone exchange (I have a second tier post code so about a mile from the town hall ffs). The length of copper the signal has to travel through yada yada yada.

Well here's the thing, if the distance from the exchange is a factor, this means someone living nearer is paying the same amount as me and getting a far better service. So I'm being charged full fare for 1/20th of the service. I can't even watch a pissed shatner on iPlayer on HIGNFY.
                    Didn't you get them to estimate the speed you'd get before having it installed?

You sound like the sort of chump who would sue Bugatti because the Veyron they bought can't achieve the top speed anywhere in the UK.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Didn't you get them to estimate the speed you'd get before having it installed?

You sound like the sort of chump who would sue Bugatti because the Veyron they bought can't achieve the top speed anywhere in the UK.
                      And you smell of poo
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X