• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

S3 will be fastest selling gadget in history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of it is spin though. 9 million have been ordered by carriers, not users. They try compare this to the iphone 4s's 4 million but they were actually users. To be fair I will be ordering one but just annoys me the spin they put on these things.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

On the iPhone 4s v S3 pre-order thing do you think it might have something to do with the fact Sammy announced the S3 and started taking orders a long time before they went on sale, where as apples kept it hush hush until a month or so before?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        On the iPhone 4s v S3 pre-order thing do you think it might have something to do with the fact Sammy announced the S3 and started taking orders a long time before they went on sale, where as apples kept it hush hush until a month or so before?
        No.
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Ah so this is typical marketing spin, twist the stats, announce very early to build expectation. Since a large percentage of humans are of low intelligence (doomage) they fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Ah so this is typical marketing spin, twist the stats, announce very early to build expectation. Since a large percentage of humans are of low intelligence (doomage) they fall for it.
            Haha you found me out. I am of very low intelligence.

Not dumb enough to own an iPhone though.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              I'm happy with my Nokia Lumia 710 say what you will about WP7 it has the best UI out of the lot.
              The missus has just got a 710 and it does seem to be a decent bit of kit. I'm an iPhone guy myself but have to admit the WP7 interface is very slick and I think I could live with one of the new Lumias (800/900?).

My contract is up this month so dunno whether to hold on till Sept for iPhone 5 or jump to WP7/8 for a change.

Never been interested in Android, used a few handsets but generally thought it was tulip.

Comment

Should maybe wait for iPhone5/iOS6 and WP8 to come out first so you don't end up trying to get your WP7 phone updated.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Should maybe wait for iPhone5/iOS6 and WP8 to come out first so you don't end up trying to get your WP7 phone updated.
                  I was thinking that when I bought my Lumia 710, I only paid 120 quid for the phone and got a sim only contract with Vodafone so once I've had my use out of it I can get anew phone if need be.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                    Not dumb enough to own an iPhone though.
                    Any more of this and I'll have to start agreeing with russel

Iphone's, although boring, are a very sensible choice
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
                      S3 looks like a nice phone. But I won't be joining the queue, as I'm locked into a contract already with the HTC One X that arrived about 6 weeks ago.
                      FTFY

If I was out of contract then I'd look at an upgrade, but since I've got a few more months to wait some new "iPhone Killer" will be out by then
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X