• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Champions League Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Awful day for football.

They've been completely outclassed 3 games in a row now and have completely fluked a win. Sickening really.
    This. tulip end to a tulip season really.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Chelsea deserved it. Their plan worked, Bayern's plan didn't work. Some of you seem to have a problem with that but I don't.

Bayern's manager revealed afterwards that some of his players bottled out of taking penalties at the end. Neuer even had to take one.

Comment

Awful day for football.

They've been completely outclassed 3 games in a row now and have completely fluked a win. Sickening really.
        These things happen in football. Somehow Greece won Euro 2004 for example.

one day at a time

Comment

Awful day for football.

Sickening for whom?

I'm not a Chelsea fan but I've found their progress highly entertaining. Three matches like Rorke's Drift.

I don't remember anyone ever complaining, at the time or since, about how Sunderland won the FA Cup in 1973.

Comment

If only there was some kind of word for "happiness in the misfortune of others".

Maybe in another language.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Sunderland won the FA Cup in 1973.
              one day at a time

Comment

Sickening for whom?

I'm not a Chelsea fan but I've found their progress highly entertaining. Three matches like Rorke's Drift.

I don't remember anyone ever complaining, at the time or since, about how Sunderland won the FA Cup in 1973.
                Originally posted by Danny Blanchflower
                The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It’s nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
                I couldn't agree more with the late Mr Blanchflower.

It seems the cost of the CL trophy is £1,000,000,000 and attractive football.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  If only there was some kind of word for "happiness in the misfortune of others".

Maybe in another language.
                  Schade Munchen, alles ist vorbei.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    I couldn't agree more with the late Mr Blanchflower.

It seems the cost of the CL trophy is £1,000,000,000 and attractive football.
                    I'd say Mr Blanchflower is completely wrong. It is all about winning.

He wasn't talking about money anyway, his Spurs team spent more than anyone else at the time he was winning things as a player, and he didn't complain about that.

He was talking about attractive or cavalier football, but he was living in an idealistic and unreal universe. Everyone does what they have to do to get those replica trophies in their trophy cabinet.

Comment

Chelsea deserved it. Their plan worked, Bayern's plan didn't work. Some of you seem to have a problem with that but I don't.

Bayern's manager revealed afterwards that some of his players bottled out of taking penalties at the end. Neuer even had to take one.
                      Absolutely - was really happy to see Chelsea win this one. I may be a Man U fan but I don't believe in sectarianism/tribalism/whatever and it is great to see an English team win the CL. I am certainly no fan of Abramovic but this one is about Chelsea and the fans - they have lost countless semi-finals and one final on penalties.

It was really funny when watching both Barca and Bayern take on Chelsea it was like there was nothing they could do to stop destiny.... Also football is about winning and tactics not about losing with style - all credit to Di Mateo, he seems like one of the few genuinely nice guys in football and thoroughly deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                      X