• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When's the Euro footy starting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who calls the beautiful game "footy" should be put in the tower. I'm embarrassed on your behalf!

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      CricInfo says Trott’s back in the hutch. Need KP to play a proper innings…

Not much work on the cards today.

Oh dear (tm), KP's joined him. Luckily we bat all the way down, if we are going to win this we will need all of them by the looks of it!

PS I'm close to Lords and it's swinging weather here.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        3-49 ~ We don't deserve to be #1 if we can get another 150 odd runs. It's only really net 2-49 as Andersen doesn't really count.
        4 down, KP out.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Oh dear (tm), KP's joined him. Luckily we bat all the way down, if we are going to win this we will need all of them by the looks of it!

PS I'm close to Lords and it's swinging weather here.
          Which car park you using?

Comment

Which car park you using?
            That's for dogging.

Actually the sun looks like it might be out here soon, which would be good dogging weather. And batting.

And Cookie and Belly are rolling along nicely.

Comment

Looks like it’s in the bag. We’ll need to stiffen the batting up else the no.1 status won’t last long as the saffers later in the summer won’t take any prisoners.

one day at a time

Comment

I think someone always steps up, which is what is making theside look great. The Aussie sides of the 90's, always provided a pressure point. You'd have then 4/5 down, and Healy would walk out and score a ton, or after Healy, Gilchrist would come out at 7 and take the game from you, or Martyn at 5 would come out at 12-3 and play an innings of such beauty you'd quickly forget anything about winning. I think we're starting to build a team like this, but I genuinely think we're one player from doing it. Might be Bairstow? Might be someone else. Good to be in this position though, and I've not seen us like this, for, well, decades.

Bell is saving his career me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by DAG View Post
                  Anyone who calls the beautiful game "footy" should be put in the tower. I'm embarrassed on your behalf!
                  Better than calling it "the beautiful game".
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Better than calling it "the beautiful game".

Comment

I think someone always steps up, which is what is making theside look great. The Aussie sides of the 90's, always provided a pressure point. You'd have then 4/5 down, and Healy would walk out and score a ton, or after Healy, Gilchrist would come out at 7 and take the game from you, or Martyn at 5 would come out at 12-3 and play an innings of such beauty you'd quickly forget anything about winning. I think we're starting to build a team like this, but I genuinely think we're one player from doing it. Might be Bairstow? Might be someone else. Good to be in this position though, and I've not seen us like this, for, well, decades.

Bell is saving his career me thinks.
                      I certainly think we have the best bowling attack in the world with pace bowling in depth and a few high class spinners. However, to be classed as a great team our batting displays against spin on turning wickets overseas needs to be addressed.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X