• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When's the Euro footy starting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    My boiler has been on every day for the last 8 months, don't I have a right to be a bit miserable?
    Miserable about being so soft maybe. About being cold - no, you have the heating on.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      So to summarise we have

1) Olympics
      2) Euro footy
      3) Wimbledon
      4) Three test matches to determine world domination
      5) Queens Jubilee

Is there anything else we can pile on to celebrate the wonderful summer we are going to have ?
      6) Three more test matches to punish West Indies for humiliating us in the 1980s

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        We've got a dissapointing showing apparantly.

I read we have only bought 4000 tickets for each of the possible england matches.

The papers were trying to say we were scared by the racism or something ... Not sure where that comes from.
        I'm going to the England vs France game actually.

The main problems are accommodation and Ukraine being a complete backwater which is clearly not up to it.

The game itself is in Donetsk which is an old grim Soviet industrial town. We were lucky to find a place to stay in the end and were going to have to sleep in a special camp site they had set up in a park in the City - but thankfully we managed to get a room in the university.

There are no flights to Donetsk so we are having to fly to Kiev and get an overnight train there and back. But it was very hard to find information on the internet about transport within the country. When we booked the train we got a disclaimer saying the train might be full in spite of our reservation, in which case other transport arrangements will be made for us. If that means trying to put me on a bus... well, good luck to them with that.

In addition the Hostel we're staying at in Kiev made me directly send the money into their bank account. Which meant a trip to the bank at lunch time and a 20 pounds charge for international transfers.

Even the official Euro 2012 website was complete tripe.

Still, should be an adventure. Got a day tour to Chernobyl which should be interesting. Looking forward to Kiev, and of course the game itself. We better beat the frogs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          6) Three more test matches to punish West Indies for humiliating us in the 1980s
          Windies had good day man; could be close finish tomorrow man.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
            Windies had good day man; could be close finish tomorrow man.

Bit squeaky bum innit!

Comment

Bit squeaky bum innit!
              If we get through the new ball without too much damage, should be okay man. Da Windies spinner would have been useful for them too.

one day at a time

Comment

I hope you're right, but Trotty's gawn and Cookie hasn't scored a run today yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I think we're more scared of paying £5000 a night for a Ukrainian 2* hotel.
                  Just pay for a whole night with a local lady of the night. Bound to be a lot cheaper.

Comment

I hope you're right, but Trotty's gawn and Cookie hasn't scored a run today yet.
                    CricInfo says Trott’s back in the hutch. Need KP to play a proper innings…

Not much work on the cards today.

one day at a time

Comment

3-49 ~ We don't deserve to be #1 if we can get another 150 odd runs. It's only really net 2-49 as Andersen doesn't really count.

Comment

Working...
                      X