• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When's the Euro footy starting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Neither.

I don't support England because it does not deserve to win.

I don't support Russian football team because any sport successes by the team will be exploited by the criminal leadership of the country (it probably does not deserve to win in the first place also).

HTH
    What about feelings toward neighbouring countries?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What about feelings toward neighbouring countries?
      As I said - I'll support teams that deserve to win (show character against odds and beat favourites in process) so long as their success on the field won't be exploited by their non-democratic leadership back home.

HTH

Comment

The teams who deserve to win are (barring extreme circumstances) the ones who win.

Comment

The teams who deserve to win are (barring extreme circumstances) the ones who win.
          Not at all.

Comment

Indeed they are. That's the point of sport... you have to win by winning, not by convincing people to vote you as the winner.

Comment

Indeed they are. That's the point of sport... you have to win by winning, not by convincing people to vote you as the winner.
              You dumbo - they might win by the rules but some who do that are either cheats, or some mistake made or simply never deserved it (luck).

Somebody (like ex-con) can win the lottery and have the money - that's by the rules, does not mean they deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                You dumbo - they might win by the rules but some who do that are either cheats, or some mistake made or simply never deserved it (luck).
                That's why the game lasts 90min, so 'luck' can largely cancel out. Only in rare cases does a single incident directly lead a team to win... we can point at Maradonna or the disallowed England-Germany goal in the last world cup... these are not the norm so in the vast majority of games the winning team 'deserves' to have won. Looking like they played well is not how success is measured.

Or in terms you might better understand, it's about how well your code actually runs, not how pretty it is and how many design patterns it uses to impress people

Comment

Or in terms you might better understand, it's about how well your code actually runs, not how pretty it is and how many design patterns it uses to impress people
                  Oh believe me my code isn't pretty and design patterns are best left for knitting

Comment

Nazis vs Portugal is proving to be a dull dive-fest for us neutrals.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Apart from all those shots.

edit: I only watched the 2nd half.
                      Last edited by d000hg; 9 June 2012, 20:41.

Comment

Working...
                      X