• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Return of the ZeitMice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Big rat wandering across the patio at the weekend. Put in a few appearances. Husband blaming seed dropping from my bird feeders.
    Could well be.

Squirrels are worse. They'll gnaw through your bird feeder and destroy it.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Bought some floor paint yesterday evening.

Hopefully the hideous pong will discourage some more of the little bastids.
      Lashings of cement behind the skirting boards can also help.

Comment

Bought some floor paint yesterday evening.

Hopefully the hideous pong will discourage some more of the little bastids.
        If all else fails you can turn it into a rodent skating ring. Train them to steal small articles to pay to use, you could be the first scaly Fagin.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Aha!

A Cunning Plan B!

I'll get on it immediately.
          What is plan A? Take off and nuke them from orbit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Hah! I knew that after your first attempt at humane removal you would eventually learn the other methods.
            Yeah, humane sucks, although I did always have a few traps alongside the gentler methods. Now I have loads of traps.

Spying on them is a real help getting stuff where it's needed though. I have footage of one creeping out from under the boiler, grabbing some poison grain, and scuttling back with it (carefully running around the traps) over the course of a week or so. As I knew it was definitely there I was able to make sure it didn't go hungry until it stopped showing up

Comment

The trouble with poison is the extended duration of the pong.
              Not good if you have a puppy that tries to catch the buggers either.

Sick, vomit, bits of chewed mouse, and diarrhoea all over the floor

and very poorly puppy

Comment

I got 'em both
                Bastard!

making it much easier to get the poison and traps into the best locations for optimum eradication
                Bastard!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X