• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At what point

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Then I reckon now. The thing is that DC carried on with almost the same policies as GB had. He should have cut spending drastically immediately and blamed Labour.

The way things are the economy will flatline for another 5 years.

And he should have cut red tape.
    Spot on the money! You going to stand in the next elections?

When are your leaving drinks?

Comment

Politically Cultural - Labour bloat the state, Cons shrink it.

I don't care for the whole shower of tulip, but I am currently quite amused at those tossers balls and Milliband the younger pretending they did nothing wrong.

Doesn't matter who you vote, its a tulip sandwich and unless anyone is willing to stand up and call for change, it will always be thus.

Comment

Originally posted by Boycie View Post
        Spot on the money! You going to stand in the next elections?

When are your leaving drinks?
        I am standing for the anti-s58 party.

PM sent regarding leaving drinks......

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          I love these threads where any reasoned argument is slapped down by the knee-jerk partisans.

The sad truth of a mixed economy democracy in the EU is that governments don't have a lot of power anyway, but it really suits them to propogate that "Labour/Tories are all eat babies and do evil things" dogma that the more hard of thinking on here subscribe to. It helps perpetuate the status quo and that suits the politicos - as long as you keep the ignorant believing the "other lot" caused all the problems, you don't need to actually do anything worthwhile.

Thatcher didn't ruin everything, but she did ruin some things, and improved others. John Major left a deficit for Labour. Labour left a bigger one - but Labour didn't force the Americans to mess up their banking system.

As usual on here I must be in a minority because I don't think the current shower are too bad in the general run of things - maybe it's my age. Then again I don't advocate a one party Tory State like many of my fellow board denizens either.
          Not a bad start to your reincarnation as a Tory boy
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 9 May 2012, 13:34.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

Thatcher didn't ruin everything, but she did ruin some things, and improved others. John Major left a deficit for Labour.
            Just to correct the statement The Tories had actually only just finished sorting out the credit bills from the last time Labour was in power...

The UK's Budget Deficit Explained

Comment

18 years and still fixing things? Whatever.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It is actually a myth that Labour governments bloat the budget deficit and conservative governments cut them again. Both parties bloat and both parties cut.

If you look at the record from over the last century you'd be hard pressed to determine who was in charge by looking at the deficit.

Now look at recent deficits:

If you look at the deficits up until the financial crisis in 2008 there's not a lot of difference between Labour and Conservative.

[IMG]images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/3/21/1332345652376/UK-deficit-graphic-007.jpg[/IMG]

That huge spike in 2008 was after the bail out of the banks and the deep recession.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 May 2012, 13:49.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  18 years and still fixing things? Whatever.
                  No you are right. They managed to get the country out of the tulipe not once but twice in that time (I am willing to grant you that the second time was thanks to a collaps in the city and vast sums of cash propping up the ERM.) Can you show me a graph where Labour have EVERY ran the country with a cash surplis?

No sorry I forgot the first few years of new labour was spent pissing the cash up the wall raiding pension funds and selling gold (not before telling the world they were about to do so sending the price plummeting...) and spending money like there was no tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    If you look at the record from over the last century you'd be hard pressed to determine who was in charge by looking at the deficit.
                    No that's easy - total utter muppets were in charge.

It should be illegal to run budget deficit - triple max security jail term to whole cabinet if that happens.

Comment

You know your country is f*cked when only 30% of eligible voters can be arsed to go and vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X