• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At what point

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What about the Chinese?
    Well, they've got plenty of ICBMs and given that their main struggle is with the USA it might be very convinient for them to nuke UK first as means of inviting USA to a productive dialogue...

Comment

I love these threads where any reasoned argument is slapped down by the knee-jerk partisans.

The sad truth of a mixed economy democracy in the EU is that governments don't have a lot of power anyway, but it really suits them to propogate that "Labour/Tories are all eat babies and do evil things" dogma that the more hard of thinking on here subscribe to. It helps perpetuate the status quo and that suits the politicos - as long as you keep the ignorant believing the "other lot" caused all the problems, you don't need to actually do anything worthwhile.

Thatcher didn't ruin everything, but she did ruin some things, and improved others. John Major left a deficit for Labour. Labour left a bigger one - but Labour didn't force the Americans to mess up their banking system.

As usual on here I must be in a minority because I don't think the current shower are too bad in the general run of things - maybe it's my age. Then again I don't advocate a one party Tory State like many of my fellow board denizens either.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Labour didn't force the Americans to mess up their banking system.
        Nevermind Americans, what about RBS, NatWest, Halifax and other UK banks putting money into real estate bubble?

You can't blame Americans for that - even at the height of real estate bubble their prices were far more sensible than in this country.

And they got decent gun laws

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          And they got decent gun laws
          Get off there then.

Comment

Get off there then.
            I'll feck off when I feel like fecking off - before that though I'll do my duty as a UK citizen to make sure Labour never get in power ever again - I'll even vote Cons if that becomes necessary.

Comment

I'll feck off when I feel like fecking off - before that though I'll do my duty as a UK citizen to make sure Labour never get in power ever again - I'll even vote Cons if that becomes necessary.
              So you advocate a Tory single party state? You just can't help yourself, can you. I thought you came here to get away from one-party dominance.

Comment

So you advocate a Tory single party state?
                No, just look at my current avatar you dumb labour ****.

What I advocate is Switzerland like DIRECT democracy - this is when normal public can actually make decisions that ******* politicians don't have balls to do, with just one addition - only taxpayers can vote and amount of tax paid is the value of votes. This way if people want to tax the rich then they'll transfer more voting power to them.

Also in Switzerland they got liberal gun laws and low taxes.

Comment

No, just look at my current avatar you dumb labour ****.

What I advocate is Switzerland like DIRECT democracy - this is when normal public can actually make decisions that ******* politicians don't have balls to do, with just one addition - only taxpayers can vote and amount of tax paid is the value of votes. This way if people want to tax the rich then they'll transfer more voting power to them.

Also in Switzerland they got liberal gun laws and low taxes.
                  You seem to find plenty of Countries you prefer to here so why not go there? I have the avatar display switched off for everyone. Your insults are pathetic and childish, grow up and ship out to somewhere you like better.

Comment

I have the avatar display switched off for everyone.

Or

http://forums.contractoruk.com/avata...ine=1336264234

Got it labour boy?

Comment

So you advocate a Tory single party state?
                      Good idea. Independence for Scotland and Wales should do it. Soon as we have nicked Scotland's oil and Wales's water.

Comment

Working...
                      X