• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ancient Diseases ravaging London.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    Surely that was an inactive strain rather than "live" TB though?
    Aye, I couldn't be arsed to look it up first time round:

What is the tuberculosis skin test?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Oh I remember having the TB skin test and try to "will" the red spots into welling up so that I could get out of having the injection; I suppose if they had welled up I'd been off to the hospital for some far worse treatment.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just one of several health problems that are very significantly increased as a consequence of poorly controlled immigration from third world/developing nations that we pick up the bill for. From serious ones like HIV, birth defects, liver/breast/mouth cancer and psychosis to more common ones like Hypertension.

We aren't supposed to mention it of course and the really absurd thing is that Home Office reports that "prove" the benefits of immigrants totally ignore the government's own stats and assume health needs based solely on age. No dafter than ignoring any impact of their children on our schools or all the other omissions I suppose.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Mr Spod, I have a Nick Griffin, line one for you.
          Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Keep it up.

Comment

I had the BCG thing with it not swelling up (or whatever it was that was the wrong result). All it meant was that I had to have a chest x-ray, and maybe a blood test, to confirm I wasn't infected. As soon as that came back clear they gave me the inoculation.

I think it must have been that, if you were infected and got the inoculation, it could cause the dormant condition to flare up into a more serious outbreak, but IANAD so I'm not certain about that. It was 37 years ago after all

Comment

Think that is the one that leaves you a scab/weal that takes years to heal up.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Think that is the one that leaves you a scab/weal that takes years to heal up.
                Wasn't that smallpox? I can still see my smallpox scar, and my mother's is still obvious in her late 70s.

Those born after around 1979 don't have them, because that's when it was declared eradicated.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Wasn't that smallpox? I can still see my smallpox scar, and my mother's is still obvious in her late 70s.

Those born after around 1979 don't have them, because that's when it was declared eradicated.
                  Maybe. Swimming used to weal mine up many years after the injection.

Comment

Yeah, and everyone at school used to go round punching everyone in the upper arm when we all had the injection.

Flippin' hurt that did.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Yes, you could spot the smallpox scars on virtually everyone at the swimming baths.

There was actually quite a scare at one time. I remember folks queuing outside the local doctor's surgery.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X