• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody planning permission!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    The theory is the greater the space in a property then the more people who live there, therefore the greater the parking requirement, the council is trying to get parked cars off the roads. It’s a standard requirement for many councils
    Damn, that actually makes sense
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Im sure some people have nothing better to that complain about planning permission.

I've got a shared driveway and, OK I did do it, but swinging the car into space in front of house was difficult and I ended up driving over about 3" of neighbours lawn at the edge. Not that it was a proper lawn - it was a complete state and it was never ever mown. To be honest, didn't think he was that bothered about it.

Until one day he built some wooden planter boxes thing and placed them spot on his boundary and right to the edge so I couldn't do it any more. Oh well, all he had to do was ask me and I would have made sure I didnt drive over and got it sorted for him. I thought OK if he wants to be like that and forgot about it.

It seems now hes objected to my plan telling council I "regularly" drive over his lawn and damage his property and therefore thinks another car space would make things worse. Luckily council said bollax to him. To be honest, I cant do it now because the aforementioned box has been there for about a year.

Tempted (not that its big enough) to drive on his lawn and pull a few handbrake turns for a laugh. Would be fun.

Hes got an amateur radio mast that is huge and I never checked its allowed. Lets hope hes not sneaked that one in. Never know....
      all he had to do was ask you not to drive on his lawn?

maybe all you had to do was mention that you'd noticed he had put the planters there to stop you driving over his property and you would be a good neighbour and he wouldn't be complaining about your planning application...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        Oh don't get me started on Planning Permissions!

When I applied for PP for a detached Quad garage 2 years ago, the council approved it no problems - no complaints received. When I came to build it, I decided to make it 16 feet tall instead of 15 feet tall...
        er... so you got permission for a 15 foot tall extension but made it 16 feet and you're mad because you have to go through the permissions again? seems fairly logical, reasonable and proper to me. mind you, you'll be *really* mad if you have to take it down.

Comment

I'm converting my detached garage into an office, I have sufficient parking for 9 cars on my driveway, do you think this will be sufficient?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            I'm converting my detached garage into an office, I have sufficient parking for 9 cars on my driveway, do you think this will be sufficient?
            INKSPE

Blimey less than 10 car parking spaces, such poverty.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              er... so you got permission for a 15 foot tall extension but made it 16 feet and you're mad because you have to go through the permissions again? seems fairly logical, reasonable and proper to me. mind you, you'll be *really* mad if you have to take it down.
              WHS

Comment

[ Originally Posted by DS23
                Now what I'd do is raise the level of the garden a foot
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  The theory is the greater the space in a property then the more people who live there, therefore the greater the parking requirement, the council is trying to get parked cars off the roads. It’s a standard requirement for many councils
                  It swings to and fro, between WHJS and the exact opposite - allowing max of fewer spaces than houses could need to discourage car ownership.

Pickles scraps car parking rules | News | Inside Housing

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

lift

HTH
                    There is an Addison Lee taxi depot over between Camden and Euston and they have a load of these lift parking units so they can fit twice as many cars into the same area.

Clever idea.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                      I'm only mad because of the scrotey neighbours at the back grassing me up to the council! Its not my fault if they used to look over a lushous green pasture and then I bought the land and turned it into CP Towers.

They can't make me take it down as I have PP for a 15' garage, but in theory I guess they could make me take the roof off and make it the correct height which would be a nightmare...

Comment

Working...
                      X