• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Rep Leader board

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rep Leader board

Member List - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Ok. Come on. How does it work?

How do you get this random +1000 rep thing that two more posters have got? Is their fawning required to Admin(Eek it's your queue) or is there something more sinister going on?

It's looking like a bent lottery now.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

How do you get this random +1000 rep thing that two more posters have got? Is their fawning required to Admin(Eek it's your queue) or is there something more sinister going on?

and who really cares how much + or - rep they have

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I did ask admin if I could buy some - and got slapped around for not using rep "properly". And threatened that all the rep I had given would be removed as I was gaming the system.

Now I only give rep to posts that I particularly like or are helpful. Or my rep power will be set to zero or something.

Comment

Just accept that NLUK is your god and get over it.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          and who really cares how much + or - rep they have

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
          If it is meaningless then why have it?

During challenge and controversy I dont stand. I lie down in a darkened room until the nasty voices go away.

Comment

It's a rigged game now so I've not been paying any attention to it. I don't however object to nluk being at no 1 he probably should be there.

As for joining a queue I don't see the point. If admin wants to give me 1000 or 10000 points I won't complain. If he doesn't I equally won't complain.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Just accept that NLUK is your god and get over it.
              Did NLUK get the extra 1k for being forum poster 2011 or for helping newbies? What about KentPhilip and OwlHoot? I am interested.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

During challenge and controversy I dont stand. I lie down in a darkened room until the nasty voices go away.
                WHS

What's the point in having a system or rules you cannot bend, abuse or game? At this rate they'll be expecting us to obey the rules!! How absurd is that!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Did NLUK get the extra 1k for being forum poster 2011 or for helping newbies? What about KentPhilip and OwlHoot? I am interested.
                    Dunno.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X