• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here ever been audited ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Before the audit
    Go through all your procedures and make sure they're not missing anything
    Make sure that the written procedures and what actually is done are the same - or at least there's no evidence of violation
    Find any violations of procedures and fix them (or bury them under the patio)
    If there any explainable anomalies - record the explanation and keep it to hand.

During the audit
    Never volunteer information.
    If asked questions that you cannot answer immediately, tell them you'll get back to them on it.
    If a question needs some investigation, do it when they're not in the room.

After the audit
    Go through the findings and challenge where necessary.
    Post Audit
    Don't bend down for the soap.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I regularly get audited.

HTH

Tom C. (former fighter pilot).

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        by KP MG , on development and release procedures

I have a month to get prepared
        They'll come in, rubbish however you are doing it and then use this to try and sell some of their own people in to do it 'properly' and 'professionally'. I would put money it. I bet they will even throw in the audit activity for free as part of the overall pitch.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I had to explain the reconcilliation process and associated jobs for a load of finance feeds to a pretty young auditor once.
          Everything went well, I took her through all the different steps and explained all the jobs and she left satisfied that all was as it should be.
          As she left the office, I asked my boss "Do you think I should have told her about the job that checks the files and adds in a transaction if it doesn't balance?" He looked troubled for a bit, "Best not" he replied.

Comment

No EO? I hope he's OK? Another ex-colleague hung himself in the wardrobe with an orange in his mouth when he'd heard he was being auditted.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              No EO? I hope he's OK? Another ex-colleague hung himself in the wardrobe with an orange in his mouth when he'd heard he was being auditted.
              Oi Fatso, it's "hanged".

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Oi Fatso, it's "hanged".
                You maybe hanging, but I'm definitely hung.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

thanks folks

I am working for a sw house as lead dev, and its them that are being audited by a big client, using external auditors.
                  I am following the sw house process and procedures, which may or may not satisfy the audit

will they be looking at documentation, or the apps ? or both
                  code review ? versioning, data takeup

what level of detail?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    thanks folks

I am working for a sw house as lead dev, and its them that are being audited by a big client, using external auditors.
                    I am following the sw house process and procedures, which may or may not satisfy the audit

will they be looking at documentation, or the apps ? or both
                    code review ? versioning, data takeup

what level of detail?

In that case mate, you're sorted!

Comment

frequently, SOX once a year, BSI every so often.

Agree with above posters if you have a process and you can prove you follow it and more importantly you didn't create it then YOU are ok.

Quite likely they are after consult hours so keep stchum about any variations or improvements you would like to make.

Don't volunteer anything except to throw them off the scent if they sniff something bad.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X