• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Many moons ago...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Any trouble with current client being 80 miles from home???

Tone

You dont have to use it!

Comment

Trek 7.3fx £350-450. Bulletproof hybrid but quite light with good quality fittings.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I got a Btwin Riverside 5 I think. Cost about £200 and very good.

The way I look at it is this, when it's so cheap you don't care it if it gets stolen, but even though it's cheap the quality is really excellent. They sell expensive bikes as well, but the frame appears to be the same, which is the main thing, just more gizmo's on it. This bike is great for trekking.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I got a Btwin Riverside 5 I think. Cost about £200 and very good.

The way I look at it is this, when it's so cheap you don't care it if it gets stolen, but even though it's cheap the quality is really excellent. They sell expensive bikes as well, but the frame appears to be the same, which is the main thing, just more gizmo's on it. This bike is great for trekking.

Go Outdoors?

Comment

Indeed....I checked on their website I could only see they listed the Riverside 7 which is the expensive one. Maybe they've phased out the 5. There was a 4 which I found too basic, which was even cheaper.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm a big boy and I really like my Specialized Hard Rock, they don't break under the full weight of my lovin.

Also you can get some nice second hand ones, bad paint job later and no one wants it!

Get stuffed - D lock & Chain seem to help too.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I'm a big boy and I really like my Specialized Hard Rock, they don't break under the full weight of my lovin.

Also you can get some nice second hand ones, bad paint job later and no one wants it!

Get stuffed - D lock & Chain seem to help too.
                As I'm somewhat rotund and portley - it has to be strong.

I'm off to Evans on Saturday to have a peddle round the car park.

What are the main differences between a HYBRID and MTB?

I'll mainly be using it on cycle routes and a little bit rough stuff in the woods - I want it to be robust enough to handle me and my packed lunch.

Tone

Comment

Any trouble with current client being 80 miles from home???
                  Is train plus bike doable?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

What are the main differences between a HYBRID and MTB?

Tone
                    Effectively, you get the speed and weight of a road bike, a better riding position, and the better control, and durability of a MTB

Bigger tyres than a road bike, less chunky than MTB

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                      Effectively, you get the speed and weight of a road bike, a better riding position, and the better control, and durability of a MTB

Bigger tyres than a road bike, less chunky than MTB

I'm grateful to the honourable contractor!

Tone

Comment

Working...
                      X