• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to move quickly up the rep charts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Eh?
    WSS

Just dropped from 240 to 179. No reps added.

Does mentioning the word 'rep' in a post get a demerit???

Rep,rep,rep,rep,rep,rep,rep,rep,rep!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just looked at the whoreboard and Brillo is still topping the charts, though EO has taken a bit of a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Mystery solved. I just received two reps, went upto 300, then shot down to 240.

Testmangler was worth 2 points
        Cliphead only 5.
        On dishing some out to Simon Mac it was now only worth 9 positive.

Effectively rep appears to have been reduced my 75% & post count is now not such a driver. In addition, seems like there is a retrospective calculation taking place. So when you receive some new rep expect yours to drop (especially if Brillo had been repping you).
        Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Eh?
        WK2P2S

Especially "So when you receive some new rep expect yours to drop". So by getting +ve rep you lose rep?

I do wonder if by repping others you lose rep yourself?

Also it looks to me that one can only give out 10 reps per day - but can onloy rep same person once every 20 reps.

Comment

Mystery solved. I just received two reps, went upto 300, then shot down to 240.

Testmangler was worth 2 points
          Cliphead only 5.
          On dishing some out to Simon Mac it was now only worth 9 positive.

Effectively rep appears to have been reduced my 75% & post count is now not such a driver. In addition, seems like there is a retrospective calculation taking place. So when you receive some new rep expect yours to drop (especially if Brillo had been repping you).
          WTF

Mine has dropped too

Either have a rep system or don't
          This is only rep by name now, if admin are fiddling the books behind the scenes then I don't know what it's called
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Hmm, it doesn't seem to be instant though. My rep went up on the last +ve I received, 7pm today. At some time since then, it has dropped ~50% without me receiving new reps.

So I guess maybe a script was updating things maybe?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Just looked at the whoreboard and Brillo is still topping the charts, though EO has taken a bit of a hit.
              A couple of hours ago I was 6th! My rep has gone up from 335 to 347 in that time - thanks to k2p2 & mf - I will return as soon as I can.

Maybe rep is now just totally random?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Or good old production testing?

Comment

A couple of hours ago I was 6th! My rep has gone up from 335 to 347 in that time - thanks to k2p2 & mf - I will return as soon as I can.

Sounds like Admin has an Excel Macro working to update the new scores.

Look. It seems like it's got out of hand. Let's just restore Rep to the backup from two weeks ago & just go from there again.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Mine's dropped. Not sure by how much (I'm not that obsessed!)- around 50 points I think. I like the idea of random rep.

Comment

Stand up you worms.

Negging is the way to go. Otherwise you are admin's playthings. And not in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                      X