• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I open another ISA today, before the end of this financial year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    If you've got the cash now, and understand the risk profile of equities, simply stick it in in one go. If you haven't, or prefer to "average" out the risk a little bit over the year, then do it a bit at a time. Whichever route you go, make sure you are thinking of at least a 5-10 year investment window for equities.
    Ama gonna put it all in Apple for 10 years, should be 5000 a share by then and I will be able to retire? What can go wrong!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Ama gonna put it all in Apple for 10 years, should be 5000 a share by then and I will be able to retire? What can go wrong!!!!!!!!!
      Steve Jobs might die.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Good thing about regular deposits is that you forget about it then it always seems like a nice surprise when you look at the totals.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          Steve Jobs might die.
          Hasn't mattered so far
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Did their share price not drop considerably more when the public were informed of his illness than when he died? Obviously the market corrected on the former due to the latter being imminent but it is a bit morbid.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Hasn't mattered so far
              Steve? Dead? OMG!!!!!!!!
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Well in many ways I'm glad I didn't open an ISA, equity or cash, last week. I would have been scrambling for the money, so instead I decided that this (last) FY I will enjoy spending the cash.

I also transferred £2k into my spreadbet account and shorted the Dow and FTSE; I closed the Dow short after the jobs report on Friday but FTSE trade is still open as futures were closed due to Easter holiday. So far showing a 100% profit but I'm still down around £50k over the past 18 months or so.

Looks like we're due a pullback in equities and so I'll trade short term then push back into ISA funds later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Looks like we're due a pullback in equities...
                  Could be. Have £20k sat on the side-lines waiting to be dumped into equities in my SIPP. Currently holding fire to see which way the market goes.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Isas lose up to 25pc in three months - Telegraph

Comment

Bad year so far. I've lost 5k of 10k I had in equities with no spare cash to trade. Que sera sera.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X