• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heresy: James Bond to switch to lager in next film <gasp>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I quite like Heineken. Its not a bad beer for a sunny day, compared to Stella or the other crap we are forced to drink in the name of lager,,,
    Heineken used to do bottles which were surprisingly cheap at our local off-licence. I've a feeling the bottled variety was a bit weaker than others, and that probably helped in making it an excellent choice for drinking in the garden on a summer's afternoon.

Harp is a lager I have loathing for. They did a sponsored sports event when I was at Uni, with free food and lager laid on for competitors on the Saturday evening. The lager was so bad that even as students there were half full glasses left everywhere and we popped upstairs to the student bar and actually paid for our own!

Some newspaper did an article on Harp a year later, revealing that the code name for their lager was K9P.

Very apt.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Old news then :

In Goldfinger, he favours Heineken.
      Knew it was there

In the novel Moonraker it is noted in the card club Blades, Bond adds a single pinch of black pepper to his glass of vodka, much to M's consternation; he claims it sinks all the poisons to the bottom.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Heineken used to be about 3% IIRC, probably going back nearly 20 years I remember we had it in the house in those 330ml cans (which I quite like but aren't popular in the UK). Most mainstream UK lager seemed to change to 5% versions a few years back, and then the more recent trend is all the 4% versions. Weird how something as seemingly unchanging as lagers follow nation-specific trends over time.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X