• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A thread to bully all hypocritical God-bothering twunts ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No, I'm not in the habit of collecting other peoples' medical records! What do you want, a "Medical Miracle" certificate?

I repeat, serious question.
    Serious Questions
    Did you have incontrovertible proof that the person was blind before being cured?
    Was there visible evidence (No pun intended) that the person had been cured
    Did you witness this event or did the person just tell you that they had been miraculously cured by prayer.
    Has this miracle been published online (Before Today?)
    Did you read this in the bible by any chance as I remember something like this from Sunday school?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

All I ever want to know from a religious person is the following:

What exactly made you to choose to believe in the specific god/religion you have chosen to believe in.

The usual answer is something along the lines of "it's my personal private belief that I don't need to justify to you".

And that's fine, it's everyones right to do what they like so long as it bothers no-one else of course.

The answer is usually simply word of mouth due to where and amongst whom you grew up, and deciding "I'll believe in that". (with the caveat that yes, many people do convert in later life, even then the answer is really word of mouth again).

For me, so long as religion doesn't get shoved down my throat, people can do what they like.

As Ricky Gervais said recently, most religious people believe in 1 god. There are hundreds of gods out there that people believe in, I only believe in 1 less god than you do.

Comment

Back in Roman/Greek times when there were lots of gods, I might have been religious. They got to choose a god they liked, that's religious democracy. Pity the awful monotheist "religions of the book" came along, we could have all sorts of extra gods by now, like Cloudius, god of the internet. Pray to him and he puts your broadband speed up.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Is the world really flat and supported on the back of four elephants standing on the back of a giant turtle swimming through space?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Is the world really flat and supported on the back of four elephants standing on the back of a giant turtle swimming through space?
            Depends what I've been smoking (or reading )
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Do you think it's appropriate to accuse a Priest of whom you have no prior knowledge, of sexual abuse?

You're a ******* disgrace!
              My the irony hurts, it hurts so bad...

In case you've been hiding under the bridge in your vilage again, the church has had a bit of a scandal of late, about child abuse, by priests, on children, for a long time, I think since the church started, but it may be later. I think its safe to raise an eyebrow at someone saying their Priest was good with children, but not adults, it would kind of make me want to look a little bit deeper into his past.

I also think it laughable you have somehow tried to claim some moral high ground here, given your moral compass was lost on the last trip down the 'paki' shop, and on to the 'chinky'*

*quotes wonderful supplied by the erudite and charming Churchill aka Jaffa**

**I didn't mean a couple of words in this.

Comment

This thread has generated over 100 posts and is therefore now classed a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  No it's not. But our entire Universe is within a soap-bubble, blown by a bubble making machine in a bigger Universe.

I live in fear of the Big Pop!

Comment

While I dislike the disrespectful tone of this thread, I find the miracles thing interesting, as if I was of a superstitious mind, I would be declaring a miracle.

My car has an intermittent fault with an indicator light. I expect there's a lose connection. It has failed twice. And twice I have been moved to swear at it out loud. Each time it has instantly started working. So it is either magic (God, angels, sympathetic magic, psychic powers), coincidence or there is some causal relationship that made me swear at just the point when it was about to get better.

If I was superstitious I might look for a magical answer, buy there is no rational reason why this would be correct. So I'll stick with one of the other two and stack it up against all the times when coincidences don't happen.

Comment

Each time it has instantly started working.
                      Funny that. About ten years back I kept getting these awful pains and once when I was on the way home it got so bad I had to stop the van. I wondered if I had a ruptured appendix or summit and thought of driving to the nearest hospital. I shouted at the top of my voice oh f& &* %$££ %%5$ &$%$ &*&**& **&& !!! and it stopped instantly.

Maybe we are onto something here! The new religion!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X