• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't want to sound like an unsympathetic sexist git......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, won't somebody think of the boobies?
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

These women (I would have thought) have had surgery to adjust the way they look, and pay handsomely for it, privately, I would imagine. If they value their health, as much as they value their looks, then maybe they should shell out for it themselves.

As for smokers, et al, the difference is that they have paid tax for each pack of ciggies they buy. If they're mostly tax, which I assume, and they smoke say 10 packs a week, what's that a week they pay extra? £50?

That's more than health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You know that is an automatic 5 day ban - if its just your first mod insult?
        Damn. Rolled a 1.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You struggle without a link to the Daily Mail then huh??
        On principle, I don't go the DM site without a direct link, in case I see something that make my opinion of journalism sink to new lows.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
          These women (I would have thought) have had surgery to adjust the way they look, and pay handsomely for it, privately, I would imagine.
          Not in all cases. My Mum had implants (fitted by NHS) after breast cancer some time ago - she's waiting for a verdict on hers currently.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Actually if you bothered to find out the real story, it says that women should have the option to pay for the treatment at NHS hospitals not get it free.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              But why should we pick up the tab for repair and replacement of some bint's privately purchased self-mutilation?
              I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to enjoy the sight of a pair of enhanced mazoomas that you didn't pay for.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                Please, won't somebody think of the boobies?
                Hard not to in this weather....

Comment

If they're at risk the NHS should cover that part... as for replacing them probably not. Or they should do it and bill the French. How have they escaped massive lawsuits over this anyway?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think the publicity given to this issue is a bit OTT.

I think anyone who has had them done under the NHS (presumably after mastectomy) should get them done for free. Worrying enough to have had breast cancer without having to worry about what they've put inside you. I don't know about women who've chosen to have it done - I think removing them for free sounds like a reasonable compromise, though I suspect you'd end up a lot saggier than before you started - boobs don't stretch well.

I think if something good has come of this, hopefully it will make some women think twice before 'enhancing' what nature gave them.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Not in all cases. My Mum had implants (fitted by NHS) after breast cancer some time ago - she's waiting for a verdict on hers currently.
                      That's a very fair point. But in the majority of cases, the OP makes a fair argument.

In your mum's case, she should be allowed to sue to negligence too, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X