• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Insults Are Still Allowed On Here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Serious question.
    I was wondering, when these little spats break out on a thread, as they have been wont to do over the years, why is it that the current crop of mods feel that they have to get so heavily and actively involved and start dishing out infractions and threatening bans?
    Such exchanges have happened quite regularly over the many years I have been on here, and provided they stay within General and don't get litigious, or ridiculously out of hand, they have largely been allowed to defuse of their own volition.
    The robust nature of some of the debate on here is a very big part of the allure of the forum for many people, and, I thought, the very reason we have corraled off the General part from the other areas, and even labelled it with a warning of sorts.
    I have heard it suggested that too much slanging in any given thread ruins it for other people. Hard to accept that really, there are always a gazillion threads on the go on here. If one is not to your liking simply jump into another one.
    Frankly speaking, if the whole place is going to get too watered down and nicey-nicey then General might as well be mothballed.
    What dumbo said.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Serious question.
      I was wondering, when these little spats break out on a thread, as they have been wont to do over the years, why is it that the current crop of mods feel that they have to get so heavily and actively involved and start dishing out infractions and threatening bans?
      Such exchanges have happened quite regularly over the many years I have been on here, and provided they stay within General and don't get litigious, or ridiculously out of hand, they have largely been allowed to defuse of their own volition.
      The robust nature of some of the debate on here is a very big part of the allure of the forum for many people, and, I thought, the very reason we have corraled off the General part from the other areas, and even labelled it with a warning of sorts.
      I have heard it suggested that too much slanging in any given thread ruins it for other people. Hard to accept that really, there are always a gazillion threads on the go on here. If one is not to your liking simply jump into another one.
      Frankly speaking, if the whole place is going to get too watered down and nicey-nicey then General might as well be mothballed.
      The problem is that we have allowed them to drive down standards in the professional forum and they are trying to do the same here.

If we don't fight back we'll end up in a ladybags thread ghetto in LR.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        The problem is that we have allowed them to drive down standards in the professional forum and they are trying to do the same here.

If we don't fight back we'll end up in a ladybags thread ghetto in LR.
        Who is this 'them' you are talking about?

Bolshiebastard? Ban him.

Nomadd? Ban him.

Northernladuk? Ban him and tell immigration about his wife.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Bolshiebastard? Ban him.

Nomadd? Ban him.

Given that type of wife I doubt Northernladuk needs to do much ing
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Bolshiebastard? Ban him.

Nomadd? Ban him.

The mods you fool.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Given that type of wife I doubt Northernladuk needs to do much ing
              More downstairs if you catch my drift.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Serious question.
                What the fookwit said
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Serious question.
                  Ban it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Ban it.
                    What it said
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Very simple (like some of the members). If you use certain words, you'll get infractions or banned for a bit. If you indulge in like SB and Zoiderman, and you keep on when asked to stop, you'll get infractions or banned for a bit.

Now that's clear, I'll get one with something far more intellectual - Britains Got Talent.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X