• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Argies Catch 22

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    What, they can't drop supplies in? Now what is a C130 renowned for? Is it renowned for it's ability for multiple drop options, rough terrain landing ability?

In the FW, their planes retained 30 - 40 mins over the islands in fight configuration. Sure their bombers could pop over, rough the place up and then leave, especially if there's no air cover from the Typhoons, by now ditched or as good as tits on a bull.

Vulnerable to Rapier, yes, but with ground forces there, are you saying these cannot be taken out?

No my friend, tis you who has really not thought it through properly. Proper squaddie mentality

I would also imagine with the false flag scenario, a container ship could conceivably be in the area too...

There are multiple scenarios here. Some islanders believe there are Argie military already on the island.

You still haven't come up with a mission plan that would be even halfway successful. Until you can do that, your words are just more bluster.

You've got a massively overactive imagination if you think this scenario is anywhere close to workable.

You are laughable.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So using word "Argies" to refer to Argentinians isn't racist?

I think we need to ask Churchill.
      Drop it ruskie.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        You still haven't come up with a mission plan that would be even halfway successful. Until you can do that, your words are just more bluster.

You've got a massively overactive imagination if you think this scenario is anywhere close to workable.

You are laughable.
        Are you genuinely that stupid? These scenarios are listed off your forum, the one with the finest military brains in the world. Not mine, I wouldn't have a ******* idea. However, I am not so blinkered to think it is impossible.

As for you fat boy, do you not think the 30-50 (arbitrary number by the way) would be able to suppress, neutralise the rapier etc? Who is coming galloping to the rescue if they fook the airfield?

You have one plan, that is to hold off an attack. However, if the runway gets disabled, however it happens, and the S2A missiles neutralised, you have nothing. 1200 troops are thin on the ground with a coastline of what 800 miles? A slow moving C130 could fly in low and drop enough arms, accurately, for any force. If there is no threat to the air, they could do anything, ffs, in the Vietnam war, a Hercules was deployed as a gun ship with an electric 50mm canon or 6 on board; that would slie through the barracks if there is no o missile cover.

I can't believe that you haven't read your own forum, the one with the 'finest military minds in the world

Comment

Are you genuinely that stupid? These scenarios are listed off your forum, the one with the finest military brains in the world. Not mine, I wouldn't have a ******* idea. However, I am not so blinkered to think it is impossible.

As for you fat boy, do you not think the 30-50 (arbitrary number by the way) would be able to suppress, neutralise the rapier etc? Who is coming galloping to the rescue if they fook the airfield?

You have one plan, that is to hold off an attack. However, if the runway gets disabled, however it happens, and the S2A missiles neutralised, you have nothing. 1200 troops are thin on the ground with a coastline of what 800 miles? A slow moving C130 could fly in low and drop enough arms, accurately, for any force. If there is no threat to the air, they could do anything, ffs, in the Vietnam war, a Hercules was deployed as a gun ship with an electric 50mm canon or 6 on board; that would slie through the barracks if there is no o missile cover.

I can't believe that you haven't read your own forum, the one with the 'finest military minds in the world

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Who owns him?

Comment

ZM, I might be mistaken, as I haven't served in the forces myself, but you don't seem to be much of a military strategist.

Comment

...in the Vietnam war, a Hercules was deployed as a gun ship with an electric 50mm canon or 6 on board; that would slie through the barracks if there is no o missile cover.
                Wasn't that like 1972 or something!?? ie 40 odd years ago?

OMG.

ZM has been on the pop toneet judging by the atrocious spelling, not to mention the total pap he/she (prolly she) comes out with as well....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Wasn't that like 1972 or something!?? ie 40 odd years ago?

OMG.

ZM has been on the pop toneet judging by the atrocious spelling, not to mention the total pap he/she (prolly she) comes out with as well....
                  I think he (ZM) is talking about the AC-130, an aircraft not posessed by the argies but hey, why let reality creep into the discussion/argument/wall pissing contest.

Carry on chaps!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I think he (ZM) is talking about the AC-130, an aircraft not posessed by the argies but hey, why let reality creep into the discussion/argument/wall pissing contest.

Carry on chaps!
                    Don't let reality get in the way of a military plan. It would spoil the story and the hole he's digging.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cos i woz bored I Google Earth'd Mount Pleasant on the Falklands... lots of interesting buildings scattered around!

bonus points for identifying the three warships at anchor - image is dated 2012 so one must be HMS Dauntless... one looks like a a RFA - but can't identify the other
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X