• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First contract - client won't renew

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same. I've been in to a place for a month / three
    monther and been extended up to 2 years (3 times now). Result.

Also started on a six
    monther and been terminated after four days. Bastards.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I rocked up for my first contract fully expecting to be there no more than 3 months. That turned into 3 years, then another 18 months in another office for the same client. Not too shabby eh?

Comment

Half the fun of contracting is you get to work at many different places. Learn new technologies and gain valuable experience faster, don't get bogged down in the politics, make loads of connections/mates, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          One of the reasons I enjoy contracting is that I'm never quite sure where I'll be in a couple of months - I mean, Yeadon*? Seriously?

(*Lovely place with great, friendly locals BTW )
          Nice nearby countryside for summer evening jaunts, too.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Yeadon as in Leeds/Bradford Airport?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Yeadon as in Leeds/Bradford Airport?
              Is there another Yeadon?
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X