• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What kind of worker are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Most of the time I get stuck in and generally over deliver and offer my services outside of the original project scope.
    That is what AtW does too. He is the toast of the docks.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I used to be a project hero until I realised that well run projects don't need heroes.

So that's how I run my projects (or my part of the project) these days.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Yeah, we know.

Have you been stealing photos from MFs photo album again.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Nah. That was a freebie from his Wedding Photographer's Preview Folder.

You should have seen the ones that didn't make it in!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            This from Eeks

<inserts random picture from Google using the words 'fawning lickspittle'>
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Bit of a hypocritical thread title isn't it though?

Oh, sorry, he said *worker*.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I've learnt not to try and be the project hero by burning my fingers a few times.
                My foremost responsibility is to maximise profit for MyLtd. Co. and to that end, I stick to my deliverables precisely.
                However, I do occasionally make a show of (this has to be well timed) going over and beyond but that is only as a marketing tactic for the expertise MyLtd. Co. has to offer rather than any desire to be the project hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  Bit of a hypocritical thread title isn't it though?

Oh, sorry, he said *worker*.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
                    I've learnt not to try and be the project hero by burning my fingers a few times.
                    My foremost responsibility is to maximise profit for MyLtd. Co. and to that end, I stick to my deliverables precisely.
                    However, I do occasionally make a show of (this has to be well timed) going over and beyond but that is only as a marketing tactic for the expertise MyLtd. Co. has to offer rather than any desire to be the project hero.
                    Bingo, I am the same.

But with that I do feel like a spectator to untrained wannabe pioneers on a continuous insistence of re-inventing the wheel and self-congratulations can be patronising at time too

Comment

Working...
                    X