• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

50% tax rate is damaging the economy.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    We regularly hear business leaders telling us about top salaries and bonuses attracting the best people. Is the same not true at lower levels? By paying a little more you would incentivise your work force and attract/keep the best able.
    You mean pay the little people a working wage?

It's never going to happen.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So you dont think bank bonuses are valid?
      It's the matter for the owners.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I know it will never happen exactly because the business owners see their staff as little people.
        It was in the context of these business leaders saying they are not considering investing in business in the UK because they will have to pay more tax. I am suggesting that they can invest to make their businesses stronger without increasing their own tax burden. One of the ways of doing this is improving their staffs lot.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Then create an environment where little people can become big people.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Certainly income tax, council tax is local matter but councils should not really be collecting taxes.
            When I were young, schools and colleges were stuffed with amateur global finance engineers like you.

Comment

I know it will never happen exactly because the business owners see their staff as little people.
              It was in the context of these business leaders saying they are not considering investing in business in the UK because they will have to pay more tax. I am suggesting that they can invest to make their businesses stronger without increasing their own tax burden. One of the ways of doing this is improving their staffs lot.
              Why rather than make assumptions not let the business people judge for themselves what is best for their businesses?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                When I were young, schools and colleges were stuffed with amateur global finance engineers like you.
                When I was young I had to learn Karl Marx, Lenin and tulipe of that kind

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  When I was young I had to learn Karl Marx, Lenin and tulipe of that kind
                  Looks like you have'nt forgotten any of it

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    One doesnt go into business to "spread one's wealth". There comes a point when the incentive to build a business simply disappears. I know that if I were drawing more than £150k out of my business I would look at ways of avoiding this tax rather than pay myself this money.
                    Well there goes the trickle down theory and the "wealth creators" tag along with it. We knew it all along.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      Well there goes the trickle down theory and the "wealth creators" tag along with it. We knew it all along.
                      In my industry the cost of entry is low enough for anyone to go and set up on their own. Many of my ex employees have set up their own businesses and are doing very well for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X