• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urban myth debunked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A night security guard at a US weather station (or somewhere similar ?) used to sit in front of a microwave transmitter on the roof, to stay nice and toasty on cold nights.

One day they told him the power was being upped, and he mustn't do this again. Whether he forgot, or thought it wouldn't make any difference isn't known, but the next morning they found him stone dead and completely cooked. Perhaps whoever told him didn't make it clear they were upping the energy by a factor of 10
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

I shut the door, but didn't realise it was one of those dial-type ovens that start as soon as you close them, if there's time on the dial.

The look on my (ex) girlfriend's face as the motor started up and the little hamster started revolving on the turntable stays with me to this day.
      So this was you???

Man jailed for killing hamster in microwave
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Electrocuted by the sink? I hope you suggested to Cojak she's not cut to be a domestic goddess
        Did better than that. Suggested it was her job to be chained to the sink and not only am I still alive I got a lot of (anonymous!!) +ve for it. Big kahunas me....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Did better than that. Suggested it was her job to be chained to the sink and not only am I still alive I got a lot of (anonymous!!) +ve for it. Big kahunas me....
          Please god lets not get on the kahunas/cojones thing again
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Who tagged this thread with "roasted guinea pigs"? Own up. If you dare face Pogle...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Who tagged this thread with "roasted guinea pigs"? Own up. If you dare face Pogle...

Dunno but if they do own up (and verified by mods) I will +VE rep them
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Please god lets not get on the kahunas/cojones thing again
                Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Is it still dangerous to look into a microwave oven while it's cooking something?

Just wondered like...
                  Not too sure, but I hear you cant get pregnant if you do it standing up

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Don't bother drying your clothes in the microwave, it doesn't work. They catch fire and are still wet when they come out...
                    Ah, I'm not the only one to have done it.

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    personal experience? sorry but LOL.
                    Yep- It wasn't well thought through.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      A night security guard at a US weather station (or somewhere similar ?) used to sit in front of a microwave transmitter on the roof, to stay nice and toasty on cold nights.

One day they told him the power was being upped, and he mustn't do this again. Whether he forgot, or thought it wouldn't make any difference isn't known, but the next morning they found him stone dead and completely cooked. Perhaps whoever told him didn't make it clear they were upping the energy by a factor of 10
                      snopes.com: Microwaved Workman

Comment

Working...
                      X