• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urban myth debunked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

safe ish so long as the seals are ok. The door is a serious compromise.

get better glasses and stand back is better.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I once saw someone try and make toast in a microwave. He's now a fairly high up manager in a bank IT department.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

People microwaving stuff so that you don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          (And don't get me started on the 3 exams in maths I took that all ended in 'U'.)
          Originally posted by eek View Post
          And that's why I ended up as the Senior Loan Manager in RBS.
          School careers evening when I was in my early teens:

Bank chappie: There's no advantage in going to university because we put everyone on the same level at the age of 23.

That was the end of my ambitions of being a banker.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Wasn't it RH who put his gf's hamster in a microwave and somehow the door got slammed?

The things one needs to do to become a mod.

I shut the door, but didn't realise it was one of those dial-type ovens that start as soon as you close them, if there's time on the dial.

The look on my (ex) girlfriend's face as the motor started up and the little hamster started revolving on the turntable stays with me to this day.

Comment

Microwaves are just radio waves like any other, the word 'radiation' is used as 'scare-shot'. If the thing is earthed, then it's OK. If you're worried, don't put your nose up against the glass.

I knew a 'beigist' who campaigned full-time for months about a planned mobile phone mast half a mile away. Being a beigist he was also delighted when they installed a Gatso speed camera outside his house. How did he think they worked?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

I shut the door, but didn't realise it was one of those dial-type ovens that start as soon as you close them, if there's time on the dial.

The look on my (ex) girlfriend's face as the motor started up and the little hamster started revolving on the turntable stays with me to this day.
                How did it taste once cooked?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Is it still dangerous to look into a microwave oven while it's cooking something?

Just wondered like...

It shouldn't be.

The perforated mesh between your face and the contents of the oven embedded in the door stops radiation from leaking.

Now it's perforated for the obviously reason, so you can see into the oven whilst your food is cooking.

The size of the holes in the mesh are less than 180 degrees of the wavelength used to cook the food. If the holes were any larger or the microwaves any higher in frequency you'd know about it.

Mangers would never understand this...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

why didn't you take it out as soon as you realised?
                    or did you and it died soon afterwards?

I had a houseparty as a teenager at my parents house once, some "friends" of mine swapped my budgie's water for vodka, 2 days later it fell off it's perch and broke it's neck. They also "tested" the dust cover of my mums keyboard to see if it was waterproof and tried to swap the fish tank water for cider but soon ran out of cider. At the same party 2 people broke the toilet seat from having sex on it, someone else opened a bottle of beer on the kitchen cupboard door and there were matching lipsticks marks on the inside and outside of the kitchen window. Luckily I was too drunk too care at the time, however, it all only came to light when my mum found the foil from the eaten Eater Egg wrappers ,that were previously hidden in their wardrobe, mixed in with her underwear drawer. Oh and my brother soon questioned why the top 10 of the leaderboard on his favourite game was suddenly full with

"Gareth
                    is
                    very
                    drunk
                    but
                    still
                    the
                    best
                    so
                    there"

No one in our family is called Gareth.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'll bet the girlfriend didn't...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X