• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Leaked Climate Documents Scandal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so .....

Things will get a bit warmer.
    Things will grow further from the equator.
    Conifers will move North.
    When the tide goes up and down twice a day, it will come up a bit further.
    Polar bears will migrate further South,
    Birds will migrate further North.
    Ships will be able to sail across North Canada and Russia in the summer.
    Glaciers will melt a few hundred meters back, (or a few meters higher if you know what a triangle looks like).

What's the downside??

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
      OK, so .....

Things will get a bit warmer.
      Things will grow further from the equator.
      Conifers will move North.
      When the tide goes up and down twice a day, it will come up a bit further.
      Polar bears will migrate further South,
      Birds will migrate further North.
      Ships will be able to sail across North Canada and Russia in the summer.
      Glaciers will melt a few hundred meters back, (or a few meters higher if you know what a triangle looks like).

What's the downside??
      The polar bears will get too hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        The polar bears will get too hot.
        You spotted my deliberate mistake :-)

Oh well, I suppose the MMGW lobby will say thet the whole post is wrong now !!!

Comment

You spotted my deliberate mistake :-)

Oh well, I suppose the MMGW lobby will say thet the whole post is wrong now !!!
          Some birds will migrate further South.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Some birds will migrate further South.
            Fair enuff. Southern Hemisphere birds will head South.

But in what form does the actual 'doom' part of Global Warming come?

Surely the climate has been going up-and-down for millions of years now.

As long as it doesn't happen suddenly overnight, everything adapts.

So what is the 'killer blow'? ... what do we actually have to fear ???

Comment

Fair enuff. Southern Hemisphere birds will head South.

But in what form does the actual 'doom' part of Global Warming come?

Surely the climate has been going up-and-down for millions of years now.

As long as it doesn't happen suddenly overnight, everything adapts.

So what is the 'killer blow'? ... what do we actually have to fear ???
              what will happen is that all the ice that is sitting there at the moment at minus 60
              will suddenly warm up to minus 58

and we all know what THAT means, dont we

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Climate scientist confesses to deception

Comments from Prof. Judith Curry

This one backfired in a serious way didn't it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Agreed. I think McIntyre has it right.

No one should feel any satisfaction in these events, which have been highly damaging to everyone touched by them, including both Heartland and Gleick.
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    Agreed. I think McIntyre has it right.
                    What he means is that private data has been publicised on the web. Compare to a fraudester divulging your private details on the web. Whatever happens you've been damaged.

I suppose you must really regret bninging the topic up now. Eggs and faces spring to mind.

Yet another climate scientist facing the public prosecutor.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 February 2012, 10:12.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not really. I think Gleick made a criminal error of judgement which has ruined his individual credibility, and no doubt will be exploited to try and damage the movement he supports.

However, this is akin to a reporter posing as a third party to obtain information in the public interest. The leaked documents are highly damaging to Heartland's claim to be an educational organisation exempt from tax, and no doubt the US IRS will be investigating. To recap

It is the case that Heartland are proposing to use money from an anonymous multimillionaire to pay David Wojick, a lobbyist with a doctorate in epistimology, to create a school curriculum that is classic 'teach the controversy' where there is none, tactics borrowed from the creationist lobby.

It is the case that they fund the 'NIPCC' report, which is scientific claptrap.

It is the case that they slip Fred Singer, who disseminates demonstrably false information over the internet, $5K/month.

George Monbiot &ndash; Plutocracy, Pure and Simple

No climate scientist is facing the public prosecutor. You made that up.
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X