• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Leaked Climate Documents Scandal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Get the irony?
    heh heh. nice.

aside from that, anyone who denies climate change is an eejit, anyone who wants to suppress scientific enquiry is a fool, and anyone who wants to hit our kids with politically loaded beliefs is downright dangerous.
    So if any of that stuf pj posted is accurate, i would be opposed to it. As far as Watts is concerned, who cares ? I get funded by major high street retailers but I still think their model is crap and damaging
    I certainly dont bang the drum for them. The idea in a civilised country is if you have an interest you declare it and carry on, it doesnt debar you from having an opinion, and it doesnt debar you from being right

guilt by association is an old Goebbals trick, I am not suprised to hear a watermelon use the same tactics

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

anyone who wants to hit our kids with politically loaded beliefs is downright dangerous.
      INTERNAL DOCUMENTS: The Secret, Corporate-Funded Plan To Teach Children That Climate Change Is A Hoax | ThinkProgress
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

100,000 a year. how does that compare with the 300 million Gore spent on propoganda and ads ?
        cf with the millions spent in every country that buys into the cagw scam.

and then wonder why you are losing the argument ? aint it the truth

btw, if there are plans to educate kids that CAGW is a hoax, I will oppose it.

leave those kids alone

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Oh dear, now even the CAGW scammers admit it was a forgery

It is interesting to study the way the minds work on both sides of this debate.

When the climategate emails were released, the sceptics waited for confirmation that they were real before they waded in. After all, it may have been a hoax.

When this strategy document from Heartland was released, pj and the rest of the CAGW crowd waded in (as in this thread) before getting it verified. And it is indeed a hoax.

For anyone who is interested in science or fairplay, this is telling.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

When the climategate emails were released, the sceptics waited for confirmation that they were real before they waded in. After all, it may have been a hoax.
            Yeah, and they then shamelessly cherry-picked, spun, distorted and lied about the mails. And they're still doing it long after those concerned have been multiply exonerated of any scientific wrongdoing. Some sceptics.

And it is not a hoax - only one of the leaked documents has been (allegedly) fabricated, and it is largely a synthesis of facts in the others. I suspect the whistleblower or hacker got a bit carried away and synthesised the material in the genuine documents along with a few quotable quotes. This we should condemn.

However, the genuine stuff is pretty damning - confirming what has long been suspected, that Heartland's agenda has nothing to do with science or education - the purposes under which they claim charitable status. To remind you:-

- It is the case that Heartland are proposing to use money from an anonymous multimillionaire to pay David Wojick, a lobbyist with a doctorate in epistimology, to create a school curriculum that is classic 'teach the controversy' where there is none, tactics borrowed from the creationist lobby, prompting this reaction:

Chris Rapley, a climate change scientist at University College London, described the project as "brain-washing".
            "This strikes at the very roots of truth and freedom in a democratic society, something I would have felt the American people would find abhorrent," he said.
            BBC News - Openness: A Heartland-warming tale
            David Wojick

- It is the case that they fund the 'NIPCC' report, which is scientific claptrap

- And it is the case that they slip Fred Singer, who disseminates demonstrably false information over the internet, $5K/month.

Some hoax. For anyone who is interested in science or fairplay, this is telling.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Yes. they synthesised the data.

This just about sums up CAGW from top to bottom.

They have the answer, but the supporting evidence is coming up short. But it's in a just cause, right? think of the children. think of the planet. Because it's such a noble cause, it's ok to fabricate the evidence, right ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Oh dear looks like you swallowed the "hoax" hook line and sinker

Heartland Document is a fake

It's rather pathetic that believers of AGW now simply make stuff up. At least in the past there was a pseudo scientific veneer.

Here is another example of GISS scientists simply changing data with no explanation to cover their tracks:

Another GISS miss, this time in Iceland | Watts Up With That?

Lets face it, they've lost the argument.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  FTFY
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Milk and cookies kept you awake, eh, Clarkey?
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      Milk and cookies kept you awake, eh, Clarkey?
                      I cant believe he hasnt apologised for starting this thread, and in the tone he used.
                      he either has no shame, or no pride
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X