• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobless Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    These types I just don't get. He lives close to a massive city with thousands upon thousands of small businesses. Why isn't he prining out the old "PC Doctor" flyers and targetting all the solicitors, estate agents etc.

I mean, if Suity can do it...

Comment

I would imagine that this IT expert has a shiotty attitude and is an arrogant mo fo who thinks his BTEC exempts him from doing anything he may see as beneath him,

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
        There is no such thing as a 'menial' job.
        Sure there is. Doesn't make them "beneath you" though. An office cleaner is several steps up above a menial job IMO.

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I would imagine that this IT expert has a shiotty attitude and is an arrogant mo fo who thinks his BTEC exempts him from doing anything he may see as beneath him,
        He should become a contractor, sounds like a great fit for CUK.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If he's medically depressed, that's a tough situation to fight back from.

It's about time they invented direct brain injections for depression, to correct the chemical imbalances
          People get depressed all the time. Those who become clinically depressed probably have too much time to think and work themselves into a state of depression. most people in particularly third world economies cannot afford the luxury of becoming depressed as there is no fall back for them - they just have to get on with it.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I disagree...

"knocked back for posts in everything from cleaning and catering to shop work."

"spends two days a week volunteering for Ashton’s Wooden Canal Boat Society"

...suggests to me that he's not arrogant or has an inflated sense of self worth. I think he could be doing more to find work though...
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              People get depressed all the time. Those who become clinically depressed probably have too much time to think and work themselves into a state of depression. most people in particularly third world economies cannot afford the luxury of becoming depressed as there is no fall back for them - they just have to get on with it.
              well thats cheered me up
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

He should sign on to CUK we would soon sort him out
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                  Absolutly, so saying "If he was working, then somebody else would be on the dole instead.", is absolute tosh. It's not a 'one in one out policy', it's about who has the best attitude and motivation for finding work, and at the moment, it isn't people like Ben.
                  It's not tosh, it's baby arithmetic.

Maybe he will never get a job in his life. But if he does, it will be because he was 'the successful candidate'. There will still be the same number of 'unsuccessful candidates'.

If you want one cleaner, then you are going to take on one cleaner, whether one person or one million people apply for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    He should sign on to CUK we would soon sort him out
                    He's probably here already.

Oi Pachers.. Sorry, I mean Daniel, sort yourself out!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                      I disagree...

"knocked back for posts in everything from cleaning and catering to shop work."

"spends two days a week volunteering for Ashton’s Wooden Canal Boat Society"

...suggests to me that he's not arrogant or has an inflated sense of self worth. I think he could be doing more to find work though...
                      Potentially - however he will apply for all jobs to keep the job centre happy so he can keep signing on - and screw up the interview on purpose - (see Spud in Trainspotting!)

And seriously The Ashton Wooden Canal Boat Socieity - that will be full of more uppity mo fo's than the caravan club - he will be in his condescending, arrogant element.

Comment

Working...
                      X