• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfasting at your desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    They don't seem to sell them in cloggers (and I have yet to find a bacon sarnie)...
    My Dutch ex-girlfriend and I were camping in Middelburg once (before she was ex, obviously) and she nipped off to the local supermarket to get the ingredients for breakfast - I'd got her sold on the undoubted health benefits of a full English by this time.

As we were frying up, she explained that she'd had to ask at the butcher's counter for them to slice some bacon specially thick, as the Dutch way is to slice it extremely thinly and eat it uncooked. The butcher was most interested when she explained the concept of slicing it thicker and then frying it; he'd genuinely never heard of such a thing

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      I dont usually get the train to work but have to this week. I've never seen anything like it! yesterday there was a girl with her foot about 6inches from somebody's face manicuring it, picking out all the jam from her toenails.

Today I was stuck between a woman doing her make-up, powdering her face, with powder going everywhere, and the penis-forehead on the other side was having a shave!!!!

Can't people get ready before leaving the house!!! I nearly bust a blood vessel this morning, I feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down!!
      Why don't you just travel 1st class?
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
        Why don't you just travel 1st class?
        There's a contractor that travels other than 1st class
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          There's a contractor that travels other than 1st class
          I have my own carriage obv.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
            I have my own carriage obv.
            You don't order a Special?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              You don't order a Special?
              I'm a man of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I tend to skip breakfast but have a bottle of whisky in my desk drawer. That keeps the hunger away.
                Vodka is less obvious...mix with fresh orange juice and people will think you're just being healthy
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  My Dutch ex-girlfriend and I were camping in Middelburg once (before she was ex, obviously) and she nipped off to the local supermarket to get the ingredients for breakfast - I'd got her sold on the undoubted health benefits of a full English by this time.

As we were frying up, she explained that she'd had to ask at the butcher's counter for them to slice some bacon specially thick, as the Dutch way is to slice it extremely thinly and eat it uncooked. The butcher was most interested when she explained the concept of slicing it thicker and then frying it; he'd genuinely never heard of such a thing
                  I love that well cooked thin sliced bacon the Americans have
                  Thick sliced never seems to be cooked enough
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

NickFitz in 'been out with a girl' shocker.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      They don't seem to sell them in cloggers (and I have yet to find a bacon sarnie) but apparently cheese sarnies are the desk breakfast ( and lunch and dinner) of choice over here.
                      I used to like Dutch breakfasts. I shared an apartment with a cloggie and a couple of Norwegians and we were a bit more adventurous than just cheese.

The good thing about weekend parties there was that guests would come back next morning to help clear up and bring fresh breakfast goodies with them.

The bad thing about that was that sooner or later someone would crack open the booze and it'd all start again.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X