• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Freeview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What use is Sky these days anyway?

Movies - download them whenever you want for a "small price"
    Sports - stream live on some "non-free software" if you get me

Who has time for TV these days anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Humax every time. And buy it from Humax Direct online. The best delivery and customer service I have received online, bar none.
      I can second this. There is also a hacked version of the firmware you can run which gives you added functionality. The model you want is the Humax HDR Fox T2. when I moved to this from my Sky HD box it felt like I was moving 10 years into the future with regards to responsiveness and design of the UI.

Comment

***** every time. And buy it from ***** *****online. The best delivery and customer service I have received online, bar none.
        Please speak to admin if you wish to advertise on this site.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Humax every time. And buy it from Humax Direct online. The best delivery and customer service I have received online, bar none.
          +1
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Are topfield still going? They freeview (non hd) box was far more flexible.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by davetza View Post
              I can second this. There is also a hacked version of the firmware you can run which gives you added functionality. The model you want is the Humax HDR Fox T2. when I moved to this from my Sky HD box it felt like I was moving 10 years into the future with regards to responsiveness and design of the UI.
              Assume you dont watch / want Sky sports channels for the F1 or football then? Or can you get this on a Humax?
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                My area moves to freeview in the next few weeks.
                Check what you're going to get, because not all Freeview is equal. My area did the switchover in September, but we only get half the multiplexes, or Freeview Lite as I think I saw it called. It's basically the five analogue channels, plus BBC3+4, ITV2, E4 and More4. Oh and Gay Rabbit. It does have the main four in HD though, which is something.

I pay something like £32 per month for Sky HD, which will include F1, and about 36 other HD channels last time I counted. And that's without any of the sports and movies extras. And for that I got a free box, and £100 worth of M&S vouchers, so compared to £200 odd for a Humax box to get four channels, it seemed a pretty good deal.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                X